Three

I wake up and look out my window letting the bright rays of the sun shine in. I stretch loudly and sit up in my bed. The smell of cinnamon fills throughout the house making me smile and stretch one again.

I get up out of my bed and go out onto my balcony and lean against the iron bars and look at the woodland scene that is behind our house. My silky nightdress flies about as the window picks up slightly.

Little did I realise my brothers were down in the garden kicking around a football with some of their friends.

“Good morning Roma.” Pedro shouts up. I’m surprised he’s here. He has his own place, along with Nico so I don’t know why they’re here and not at their homes. Only Giorgio, Giovanni, Enzo, Mario and I all still live at home.

All because we’re not married.

“Morning.” I smile down. I look at all of their friends who are all shirtless and looking beautiful. As I look around a pair of beautiful blue eyes are looking up at me with a slight smile.

I look away from Claudio and retreat back in my room and go down stairs for breakfast. I walk into the kitchen and give my mother a big hug.

“Good morning Mama.” I smile wide.

“Good morning Roma. Just be careful in case the boys come in and see you in your nightdress.” My mother advises me so I nod and get myself some toast.

“Roma, you’re in your nightdress.” Mario shouts at me as I lean on the kitchen counter and eat my toast.

“And you’re shirtless.” I say and he glares at me.

“We’ve got friends over and I don’t want them seeing my baby sister in his nightdress, once you’re done please go upstairs and get dressed.”

“Okay, wait until I’m done.” I say as I finish off my first piece of toast.

I then finish my next bit of toast and then go upstairs and shower and get ready.

I pick out a simple half button up green dress with a thin brown belt and a pair of brown heeled shoes.

“Mama I think I want to go to the bakery to help out.” I say as I jog back down stairs and meet her in the kitchen and meet my mother.

“Okay, are you going to walk?” She asks as I pick up an apple and take a bite.

“Sure. I’m going to head now so I can spend most of the day there.” I say and give her a kiss on the cheek.

“Do you not want one of your brothers so walk with you there?” My mother asks.

“I’ll be fine.” I shout back as I walk out of the house and skip quickly down the driveway and into the streets of our town.

Many of the people recognise me because my family is well known, but for notorious reasons.

“Hello Roma, I haven’t seen you in ages.” A familiar voice comes from behind me making me turn around and look into the ice cream parlour.

Dominico Argo aka the boy I have been in love with since I was five.

Beautiful blond hair, gorgeous blue eyes, tall and one of the most beautiful smiles I have ever seen.

“Hi Dominico.” I smile at him as he pokes out of the serving window. No one is around at this time in the morning so he looks stress less. He’s dressed in a plain white shirt with his black and white striped with an ice cream hat to match.

“So how is the youngest of the Salvatore’s?” He leans on his elbows making me walk closer to the window to talk to him.

“I’m good, just getting used to life back here.” I smile up at him.