Seventeen

"Just be careful today please. Your father is worried because he's been seeing more suspicious people about in town so when you're going down just be careful." My mother repeats for like the one hundredth time.

"I will you don't need to worry." I say and kiss her cheek before walking out the house. It's a beautiful sunny day with some storm clouds looming in the distance.

I walk to the bakery and smile at the people in the streets.

Today felt like it was going to be a good day. Claudio said he was going to take me out for dinner tonight and it was going to be six months of being together and it still felt like it was only a day together.

I go in the back entrance of the bakery and smile at Gustavo, Leo and Adrian who are all just in a few seconds before me.

"What do you want me to do today?" I ask, pulling on an apron.

"Do you want to bake the cannolis?" Gustavo asks so I nod and get out some bowls and the ingredients.

"So you and Claudio..." Leo trails off making me blush.

"Yeah..." I answer feeling embarrassed.

"How long have you been together now?" Adrian asks.

"Just coming on six months." I answer with a smile.

I couldn't even believe it.

More than a year ago I couldn't stand Claudio because he was a womaniser and didn't care about any girl's feelings.

He was cocky and arrogant.

I never wanted to even look at Claudio for a lot of the time.

And here I am no.

In love with him.

"Are you in love?" Gustavo asks in a friendly voice making me smile and look up at him.

"Yes. I'm in love with him." I whisper with a smile.

"Well I'm happy for you. And lucky for you- Claudio is a lovely boy." Gustavo smiles making me blush before going back to my mixture.

An hour later and it's opening time.

I take off my apron as I keep making more cannoli mixture.

"Do you want to go out front to serve the customers?" Gustavo asks so I nod and go outside to see the regular customers.

They order what they usually get.

It's not extremely busy but there's a steady queue coming.

A handsome boy then comes in and he smiles at me. I smile back but continue to serve the customers.

The boy eventually reaches the front of the queue and he gives me a big smile.

"Hi."

"Hi, what would you like?" I ask.

"Can I get..." He trails off as he looks around the shelves before deciding. I nod and get everything that he ordered.

"There you go, that'll be..." I calculate the amount in my head and tell him so he pays and then runs a hand through his hair. He was tall. He had dark brown hair and icy blue eyes. He was similar to Claudio is a way; but Claudio was much nice looking.

"Thanks. I'm new here and I just wanted to see if you would like to go out sometime?" He asks but before I can deny him; another voice speaks up.

"Sorry mate but she's taken." Claudio's voice booms from behind him.