Sixteen

"Roma!" My mother shouts so I run down stairs and smile once I see Claudio standing with a bouquet of roses and is dressed in a checkered shirt and some shorts.

"Hi!" I say excitedly as I walk towards him.

"Hi, these are for you." He hands them over to me so i smile and then walk with Claudio into the kitchen where I place the flowers into the sink.

"Thank you, they're gorgeous." He smiles and walked towards me.

"Well so are you...do you want to go to the beach with me?" Claudio asks and I nod.

"Yeah, just wait here while I get changed." I smile before running upstairs to get changed into a new red and white checkered bikini with little frills around the side and around the breasts.

I then pull on a thin t-shirt and a flowery skirt.

When I reach the bottom of the stairs I see that Mario and Rosa are dressed like they are going to the beach too.

"Guess who's joining you!" Mario shouts and then my brothers and other girls and their friends that I've seen a few times but luckily I see Isabella standing with Pedro.

"Yay." I say before walking to Claudio with a smile. He intertwines our fingers making me smile more.

"I'll take Roma and Isabella and Pedro in my car." Claudio says so I walk with him out the house and into the front seat of his car.

Claudio turns the radio up loud so I sing along and eventually everyone else joins in.

Claudio's hand is on my thigh as he smiles and sings along making me smile wide as I stare at him.

We get to the beach quickly and straight away, Isabella and I set down our towels and get out of our normal clothes so we can sunbathe.

"Do you want to go a walk with me before everyone comes?" Claudio asks, bending down to my height.

"Sure." I say and get up from the towel. Claudio wraps his arm over my shoulder; keeping me close.

Claudio kisses the side of my as we look at the beautiful landscape.

I think about how only months ago I couldn't stand Claudio.

"Do you know my dad proposed to my mother here?" Claudio says as we look out to the beautiful sea.

"Really?" I ask, looking up at Claudio.

"Yeah, it's a really special place to me." Claudio smiles down at me intensely. "Don't worry, i'm not going to propose just yet." Claudio smiles and I let out a small sigh of relief. "I've not found the right ring yet." He says making me laugh.

I then run out of Claudio's arm and towards the rest of our friends.

He chases after me and eventually catches, lifting me up from the ground and then pulls me into the water.

I scream and laugh and so does Claudio.

He kisses me as he pulls me closer to him.

"I'm falling in love with you Roma Salvatore." He whispers making my whole body cover in goosebumps.

"I'm falling for you too Claudio." I say making Claudio smile wide. He leans forward and kisses my lips passionately.

Everyone else then comes over to us with a smile.

I look over at Isabella who is now showing with her baby bump pronounced in her high waisted bikini bottoms.

I swim over to her and Pedro and talk to them for a bit.