Twenty

As we sit at the table for Family dinner, I can see everyone looking at my ring. I also can't stop looking at the beautiful ring that is sitting perfectly on my finger. Claudio holds my hand softly making me smile.

"I can't stop looking at it Roma, the ring is beautiful." My mother smiles.

"Well obviously, we had help in picking it." Pedro says with a laugh.

"But it's not as beautiful as my ring for you." My father smiles before lifting my mother's hand and pressing a kiss to her hand.

I then look up at Claudio who is smiling wide at me. He rubs his thumb against my palm.

"Isabella is having a party in two days for her birthday so you can all come." Pedro says so we nod and continue to eat.

Claudio stays for the rest of the night until he eventually has to leave.

"I'll take you out tomorrow so that you can get a beautiful dress for Isabella's party." Claudio whispers bringing me closer to him as he pecks my lips.

"No, you don't need to do that Claudio." I say with a shake of my head.

"But I want to treat my fiancee." He smirks making me laugh.

"You don't need to." I whisper, wrapping my arms over his shoulders.

"I know, but I want to. I'll pick you up here and you can't say no." He jokes and kisses me deeply. "I'll see you tomorrow. Love you."

"I love you too." I say before shutting the door behind him.

----------------------

It's the day of Isabella's party and I'm over at her house getting ready with her.

Yesterday Claudio and I went shopping and he bought me the most beautiful dress. It's a simple dark blue silk dress with a simple silver belt. It matched my ring perfectly.

"You look beautiful." Isabella said while helping me apply my red lipstick.

"So do you." I say as he rubs her growing stomach.

She was due in a month or so she was huge. She was dressed in a simple nude gown with a wrap material making her bump look slightly smaller.

"Thanks. I can't wait to get this baby out but and meet them." She smiles wide.

"Pedro is excited too." I smile.

Isabella and Pedro are perfect together. I know I used to find it slightly awkward when they would be kissing and being all coupley with each other, but it was only because Isabella was my best friend and I couldn't picture her with my brother. But now I can't imagine her with anyone else.

"Isa! We're going now!" Pedro shouts from downstairs so Isabella and I walk quickly down the stairs. We were slightly late because the party started at seven but it was now half past due to Isabella struggling to get into her dress easily.

"We're coming." Isabella says before kissing him.

We climb into the car and Pedro drives quickly to our house where my mother volunteered to host the party.

"I'm so excited." Isabella murmured while tapping away as her leg.

"I am too." I say before leaning my head on her shoulder.

I look down at my ring and smile wide. I just can't believe how beautiful it is and how I still can't believe that I'm actually engaged.

"I forgot to ask you," I say sitting up and looking at Isabella with a massive smile, "Would you like to be my bridesmaid?" I ask and she nods before giving me a big hug.