Nineteen

I held Claudio's hand as we sit in the same Church for another funeral.

I feel like I've never been out of the colour black for the past month.

This was the last funeral of all the people who tragically died.

I let go of Claudio's hand to let him carry the coffin out.

We all walk out to the cars to go to the cemetery to bury the body.

I stand with my mother as we watch my father and other member lower the coffin into the ground.

"It's okay Roma." My mother whispered as I cried loudly.

I just couldn't believe how close I was to death.

I now finally understand why they sent me up to Milan to live.

Claudio looks over at me before we go back into the cars.

---------------------

"Would you like to go away with me?" Claudio asks as I lean against him on the deck chair in his back garden.

"What do you mean?" I ask turning around to face him.

"Do you want to go to Rome with me?" Claudio asked.

"Why Rome?" I ask, I always thought Claudio would be more of a beach kind of guy.

"Well I've already fallen in love with one Roma so I might as well fall in love with the place she's named after." Claudio whispers making me smile wide and blush.

"I'd love to go to Rome with you." I kiss him quickly.

"Well that's great because I've booked tickets for us to go this weekend. So I'll take you home and you can pack and I need to talk to your dad about something." I smile and nod, even though the weekend is literally tomorrow.

Claudio and I had now been dating for a little more than a year now.

We're much more comfortable around each other.

However, I'm still waiting to be married before I lose my innocence.

I follow Claudio into his car and hold his hand as he drives to my house.

When we eventually get there I run into the house and shout about Claudio and I going to Rome.

My mother is just as excited as I am so we run upstairs and start to pack my suitcase while Claudio talks to my father.

"This is so exciting Roma. I remember when I went to Rome with your Father. It was one of the most magical places. You'll love it."

"Mama, I'm so happy. I can't believe it." I say making her smile.

"I'm so happy for you Roma; your brothers were hesitant to let you go out with Claudio. But you're so happy with him so I'm glad I didn't listen to them."

"I'm so happy to because I do love him so much." I whisper making her smile and kiss me on the forehead.

Once I'm packed we go back downstairs to see my father and Claudio smiling wide.

"What is it?" I ask as I walk towards Claudio.

"Nothing." He smiles and kisses my forehead.

We then all sit down for dinner with Claudio and my brothers and I then tell my brothers about my trip to Rome with Claudio.

"I should go and I'll pick you up early tomorrow." Claudio says as he pecks my lips. I smile and give him a hug before I go to bed.

--------------------

"Baby." A voice whispers in my ear making me open my eyes and smile when I see Claudio smiling down at me.

"Hi. Let me get dressed and then we can go." I say and kiss him quickly before he leaves my room.

I pull on a smile checkered dress and then carry my bag downstairs where we ate breakfast before Claudio drove us to the small airport.

It took a few hours for us to get to Rome.

When we arrived there we got a taxi straight to the hotel before we went sightseeing. Claudio had been in Rome already for business with the Mafia so he knew all of these amazing places to go.

"This is beautiful." I whisper as I look up at the beautiful vatican.

"So are you." He kisses the side of my head before we started to walk towards a bus stop to go back to more central Rome where our hotel was nearer.

We visited the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon.

Eventually we ended up eating at a restaurant outside the pantheon.

It was a beautiful backdrop to a beautiful night.

"Thank you for taking me here." I say to Claudio making him smile wide.

"Roma...I want to take you to all of the most amazing places in the world because I love you so much." Claudio takes my hand in his making me smile wide.

"I love you too." I say and give him a quick kiss before our dinner comes.

Throughout the night there was romantic violin music and Claudio bought me a rose from one of the sellers that went past.

"I really can't believe I'm here Claudio, thank you for taking me here." I say making him smile.

"I love you so much Roma."

"I love you too Claudio."

Claudio then scratched the back of his neck as he looked more nervous.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

Claudio then got up out of his chair making me really nervous.

Claudio fumbled about in his pocket before pulling out a small velvet box.

"Roma, will you marry me? I don't want to spend my life with anyone else." Claudio says making me gasp as others in the restaurant look over at us.

"Yes!" I say positively making Claudio smile wide before kissing me while putting on my new ring.

It's a gorgeous silver band with small diamonds and then a larger blue sapphire in the middle.

"It's beautiful!" I exclaim and kiss him again.

"That's what I had to ask your dad about. Your brothers also had a very big input on me buying the ring. I bought it a few months ago with their help but I just needed to ask your dad if I could ask you hear without them being here." Claudio explain with his cheeks going slightly red.

"You're so sweet Claudio." I say and wipe away some tears from my eyes.

"I'm so happy you said yes." He whispered.

"Of course I would say yes!"I exclaim, "I love you so much Claudio I don't want anyone else." I say making him smile.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." I kiss Claudio before we then go and explore around the city a little more before we go back to our hotel.

----------------------

They're engaged!

Another little chapter

Please comment, vote and follow me

Love you xx