Twelve

It's been three months.

Yesterday was three months since his funeral.

Everyday I wake up and look at my table where the folder Claudio gave me is sitting.

I haven't looked at it.

I can't bring myself to even look at it.

A knock come to my door making me jump in my bed.

"Breakfast is ready." I hear Mario's voice but I don't answer.

I haven't been talking to my family for the past three months.

I just couldn't understand why they let Claudio do that.

Just for the past few weeks I've started talking to my mother again.

I fix my dress before walking down stairs and into the kitchen. The moment I walk in the door it goes silent for a moment but I ignore it and sit down and start to eat my breakfast. Slowly they start to talk again.

"So Roma, what would you like for your birthday?" My mother asks making me look up at her.

"I don't really know, maybe just some clothes." I say and pick at my food.

"Okay, now I feel like we need to talk..." My father trails off and looks over at me seriously and then glances at my brothers. "I know you weren't happy about what happened with Dominico but what happened happened and we're sorry." My father announces making me look around the table.

"I'm just hurt. It was like it wouldn't matter if I didn't find him like that and he'd just be brushed under the cover like he was nothing. I loved that boy and you killed him like he was nothing!" I exclaim making everyone look down at the table.

"We're sorry Roma, but if you read the folder that Claudio gave you because you'll understand why." Pedro asks and I shake my head.

"No I haven't." I say.

"Well you should because you'll really understand why we had to." Mario says and leans over to hold my hand. "We missed you."

"I'm going upstairs." I say and leave the table.

Once upstairs I lie back on my bed and look out my balcony doors at the gorgeous Italian sun. Turning my head I look at the folder on the table.

Did I really want to look at it?

Did I really want to ruin that perfect image that I had of Dominico in my head.

Before I knew it, the folder was on my lap and I was reading through everything.

Fifteen minutes later I'm in tears on my bed as all my thoughts about Dominico are shattered.

He was only using me.

Did he even love me?

I feel like everything since I came back from Milan everything has been a lie.

"Are you okay Roma?" I hear a voice outside my door. I try and wipe away from tears before Pedro walks in but he's too quick and catches me crying. "It's okay Roma." He whispers to me as he pulls me into a hug.

"I feel like everything has been a lie Pedro." I sigh.

"I'm sorry Roma." He apologises but I shake my head.

"It's not your fault Pedro." I say.

"Please go talk to Claudio because as much as you hate him for what he did but as you can see it was kind of needed." Pedro says making me sigh.

"Fine, can you take me to his house please?" I ask and Pedro nods so I follow him downstairs and into his car.

During the journey I stare out the window as I think about seeing Claudio again.