Twenty Three

I was now nine months pregnant. My stomach had grown so there was a small bump which was now visible under my dresses. Nothing was going wrong and I was having a really easy pregnancy. There was so morning sickness or bloatedness or cankles. It was only when I went to sleep when I would be uncomfortable with the baby.

"Do you have to go to the bakery today?" Claudio asks pulling me back towards him in our bed.

I laugh and turn to face him with a small smile.

"I want to go. I've not been there in ages and I miss it." I explain while looking up at him. He had now shaved off his beard which made him look a lot younger and more like my age. I was now twenty and he was twenty six; but without his beard and a shorter haircut, he could pass for the same age as me.

"Just stay at home with me and we can just be together."  Claudio asks.

He plays with the hem of my nightdress. He slowly slips it up. It's resting just above my underwear. Shivers cover my body and Claudio doesn't say anything. It's intense. He then moves the dress up more so it rests underneath my breasts. He traces his finger up from the hemline of my underwear, over my bump and to beneath my breasts.

However it wasn't sexual.

It was a sensual heat in the air. But it was romantic at the same time.

Claudio leans forward and presses his lips to my bump as he traces over the stretch marks that have formed due to my growing bump.

"You're so beautiful." Claudio whispers making me smile.

"I don't feel it." I whisper. Claudio moves up and kisses me passionately.

"You're the most beautiful girl that I have ever seen. No matter what size, shape, age or whatever you are...I will always love you." Claudio kisses me again making me smile into the kiss.

As we kiss I feel the baby kick so I quickly take Claudio's hand and hold it to my bump. We break our kiss. Claudio smiles wide and starts talking to the bump making me laugh and smile.

We stay in bed for another half an hour before I eventually get up to get dressed. Claudio complains but I just ignore him and get dressed.

I slip on a summery dress and some flat shoes. My hair is pulled back into a curled ponytail.

"I've literally got the hottest wife in the world." Claudio smiles from our bed as I walk back into our room.

"And I've got the most handsome husband." I say and lean forward to give him a kiss. "I'll see you later." I say against his lips.

"I'll miss you." Claudio shouts as I walk out of the room.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you too." I hear him scream as I walk out the door and start to walk out to the streets. It's a beautiful sunny day in Sicily. The sun was beaming down from the sky. It would be a beautiful day to go to the beach, however I didn't feel confident in my body to go to the beach. There would be stick thin girls there and I'd just look terrible.

Claudio would disagree with me extremely. But it's how I feel.

I arrive at the bakery and are met with many smiles from the customers.

"How's the baby?" One asks.

"Doing well." I say and hold a hand on my bump making them smile. I then walk in the back of the bakery and see Gustavo, Leo and Adrian.

"Wow!" Gustavo exclaims. "You're glowing." He smiles making me blush.

"Thanks." I smile as I pull on an apron. "What do you need me to bake."