31.

The water tumbles down in a roar, and a few birds flutter over the top of them, dangerously close to the white tips of the waves. From here, the falls don't look that tall–grandiose, still, sure. But not gigantic. But the brochure I found online before coming revealed them to be almost 200 feet tall.

Imagine going over them in a barrel. 

I'm kidding.

Kind of.

Thelma sits down on my feet, and I don't complain. It's kind of cold and I hadn't necessarily prepared. A thin windbreaker doesn't exactly do anything when you decide to wear shorts to a place that, even feet away, splashing water all over your legs.

A minor oversight.

Around me there's a few families oo-ing and ah-ing at the falls. In the corner of my eye, I see a younger couple, probably about my age. The girl tilts her head, watching the tumbling waves, and her boyfriend watches her, his eyes soft and gentle, before wrapping an arm around her shoulder. I smile as she lays her head against his chest, still watching the waves. How sweet.

Looking back at the falls, I take my camera out. Dante was right–I might not have any idea what this documentary should be about–definitely not the feminist manifesto Dr. Walker had hinted at. But all the best things come together when they're right. And, for now, I would just gather footage.

Before pressing send, I study the texts, the contact photo, his name. And I realize–maybe I don't need to send him the video. I'll be driving through Ohio, anyway, to loop back around on my way back west. And it's not exactly like I'm in a rush–one more stop wouldn't hurt.

Maybe I can show him in person.