20

Lorelei

The last week and a half had flown by - literally - as we spent most of it traveling. The guys had come to an agreement pretty quickly - the next morning, actually - and Josh and I worked it out just fine.

The rest of the meal went by quickly that night (despite Keagan's death glare) and we were back in the car not even ten minutes later. We were silent, which wasn't awkward, but it was strange for the Kiszka twins to be so... serene. Had they been contemplating accepting the offer?

My fingers were infatuated with a button on my shirt - if I sat still, I might explode. Josh's hand quickly grabbed them both and rested them on my thigh, and so I bounced my leg instead. I didn't take my medicine this morning, I realized. That's why I'm so jittery.

Almost on cue, Anastasia peeked back at me from the passenger seat. She could see me through the side view mirror and turned around the face me once she noticed how anxious I was behaving. I didn't feel as anxious as I appeared to be - I just couldn't sit still.

"You okay?" She asked, eyes a little narrow. "Did you take your Paxil this morning?"

Gee, thanks Anastasia for asking out loud. Her whispering skills are basically nonexistent, although she can't tell for some reason.

Josh's head snapped to look at the two of us. I cringed slightly before shaking my head no. I'd forgotten to take it since I slept in Josh's room and it completely slipped my mind while I was in mine.

"Paxil?" Josh questioned under his breath, not wanting to embarrass me further in front of his brother and himself. I huffed, resting my head on the window the rest of the way back.

I took the heels off, walking barefoot across the parking lot and into the tall building. Josh followed closely behind, his hand missing from my back this time. I was slightly annoyed - why hasn't he rejected the idea of separating us for the rest of tour? We just started officially "dating." We wouldn't last if we couldn't see each other for another five months or longer. We don't exactly live in the same part of the country, and home is where we're both planning on going afterward.

Josh's fingertips rested on my shoulder as we entered the elevator behind the rest of the group, all eight of us squeezed in. I shook his hand from my shoulder, earning a puzzled expression, but I didn't care at this moment. My thoughts were starting to spiral - would he really risk our relationship for an extra half hour of performance time? My chest started to tighten from the thought of him leaving us behind. I took a deep breath and walked briskly out of the elevator. Josh tried to follow, but Arthur was going to hold a meeting with them all about what Matthew and Nathaniel had just proposed.

Anastasia followed me into my room, kicking her own heels off.

"Do you think they'll take the deal?" I questioned, unbuttoning the skirt but leaving on the shirt for our show later. For now, I tugged on some sweatpants. Later, I'd wear black jeans. I was feeling more androgynous today, enjoying how my short hair paired with the red shirt. "What if they take it?"

"Hey, slow down," Anastasia chuckled, unbuttoning her own shirt. "I don't think they will. If they do, we'll figure it out."

How is so she carefree? Why am I driving myself insane over this but she's completely fine?

"Anastasia, I told him I love him." I sighed, tugging at the roots of my hair as my fingers grazed my scalp. "What if that meant nothing? I mean, it's only been a month since we met, but i'm pretty sure love knows no time or whatever the fuck the saying is."