22

im sorry this literally sucks so bad but i wanted to update so you guys don't have to keep waiting!! i've been busy these last few days with the holidays and i apologize for the delay. here's a filler chapter with some smut. lnd is sitting at exactly 1999 reads as i publish this so i'll go ahead and thank you all for 2k reads - i <3 each and every single one of you.

much love,

-k <3

Lorelei

A tent.

A fucking tent.

Day fifty-two could not be more weird at this point.

During the extremely agonizing drive to Oklahoma City full of screaming and guitar playing, Jake and Danny came up with the bright idea to stay in tents for our two night stay here in Oklahoma.

How fun?

"No, you two, I am not camping." Keagan answered for the fiftieth time. "Arthur and I will be at the hotel a few miles out."

"What if something happens?" I pleaded, trying to get him to stay so I don't have to be in complete misery with four adult-size toddlers running around a campfire with roasting sticks.

"Josh plus fire? Something is bound to happen." Danny chuckled, slinging his bookbag over his broad shoulders.

"See?" I crossed my arms. "Please?"

"No. Have fun!" Keagan grabbed my shoulders and spun me around, practically kicking me off of the bus.

"Aw come on!"

The door shut behind me as I stepped onto the dusty gravel road, leaving the six of us to fend for ourselves for the next two nights.

"It won't be too bad." Josh appeared to my right and planted a kiss on my forehead, right above the throbbing, aching gash that I earned last night. "At least we'll be together."

Ew, how cheesy.

We walked - Jake limped - about a half mile to our circle of tents where we'd be staying. There were four of them, so it's going to be Jake and Anastasia, Josh and I, and Danny and Sammy by themselves. The package came with four, so might as well use them all.

"Yeah, we can tell ghost stories, go fishing, hiking..." Jake tried to convince it would be fun, but I wasn't convinced in the slightest. The last time he said something would be fun I busted my fucking head open.

"Fish? With what?" Anastasia looked around. "Do you see any fishing poles?"

"Haha, funny."

"We're going to freeze to death." I sulked as Josh's arm wrapped around my waist. His touch always brought jolts of electricity with it, no matter how "used to it" I was. He tugged me closer to his side as we walked, soon arriving at the four small tents placed around the circular fire pit.

"We have blankets for a reason." Jake nodded as if he was trying to convince himself, but wasn't doing a very good job. He pulled his hair back into a low ponytail with one of Anastasia's hair ties, a few loose strands falling in his face as he set his bag on the dirty ground.

The four tan colored tents were small, but maybe they'd be cozy?? Okay, i'm trying to convince myself now and i'm not doing near a good enough job as Jake was.

I trudged over to one of the tents, grabbing the cool zipper and yanking it up, opening it. I ducked to step inside, a tint of yellow glowed as the tan fabric altered the white light coming from the sun. I looked around as I stood up inside, observing two cot-like platforms, but no pillows or blankets. We had some extras in the bus for traveling, so that works out fine.