Beck

Genre Comedy, Drama, Slice of Life

Studio: Madhouse

Date: Fall 2004

Episodes: 26

Seasons: 1

Summary

Fourteen-year-old Yukio "Koyuki" Tanaka is a dispirited young boy with no goals in life. However, this all changes when Koyuki saves a strange-looking dog named Beck from being harassed by a group of local kids. The dog's owner, 16-year-old Ryuusuke "Ray" Minami, is an emerging guitarist and a former member of a popular rock band.

After Koyuki meets Ray again in a diner, the older boy leads him to his former band's meeting place and dazzles Koyuki with his amazing guitar skills. Slowly becoming interested in the glamour of western rock culture, Koyuki decides to start playing the guitar while helping Ray achieve his dream of leading the ultimate rock band. Together with Ray's younger sister Maho and a few other members, the two boys launch their career into the world of rock by forming a band called BECK. Beck follows the group's struggles and successes as they spread their fame across Japan.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

My opinion: this anime is not for everybody. I stumbled upon it because of my Anime Club if you like any of the genres that are in this anime, I think you'll like it also, I personally feel that the opening can capture if you're going to like the show or not a lot of people in my enemy club didn't actually care for it and I was upset because a couple of them made a group decision that we weren't going to wash anymore after we started watching it. I've personally really enjoyed the show. I was really upset when a couple of people just for like OK we're not gonna watch it anymore, without taking the group into consideration, anyway I go off on a tangent it's my personal feeling that this show is really great. I really love bands or music animes. I feel like they tell a good story of what being in the band is like, and all the personal struggles that people who are in bands go through because there are still people in life who is not easy. I hope that you all will give it a try. It may take a few episodes to really get into it. It does kind of have a little bit of a slow start but the opening music and then the music is like awesome so don't shy away from it because it has a slower start. Anyway, hope you give it a try, and thanks for reading.