Free! High Speed

Genre:  School, Slice of Life, Sports

Summary:

 Begins at the start of Haruka and Makoto's first year of junior high, where the boys discover they are in separate classes for the first time ever. Alone in his new class, Haruka meets the ever-enthusiastic Asahi Shinna (Toshiyuki Toyonaga), who is trying to recruit more freshman to join the school swim club with him. Haruka, against his will, is pulled into friendships with Asahi and Ikuya Kirishima (Kouki Uchiyama), the quiet younger brother of the swim team captain.

Meanwhile, Makoto deals with the growing distance between him and his best friend Haruka and overworking himself to prove his love of swimming. As Haruka finds himself unmotivated to swim to with his new teammates, Asahi tries to overcome a mental block in his technique, and Ikuya struggles with relying on others. The four boys learn how to work as a team in order to win their first regional relay race.

Opinion: Obviously, this movie is a prequel to the show free!  It's the first of the free movie's that you should watch. It's a really good move and it's nice to see them as little kids and kind of see a different side to them.  I highly recommend this movie if you're a fan of free and you haven't since the movie yet.