25. Lie

💜: I am here, the same person I was from before, but an overgrown lie is trying to swallow me whole.

----------

".....No, the point is to understand whether the style is put correctly or not." Namjoon said with a mouth full of salad.

"And who pays attention to that when not you're liking it at all?" Jin retorted back with another mouth full of salad.

"He has a point you know...."

"See! Even Jiminie agrees with me!"

"I get your point but every form of art has its own style. It's totally up to our personal taste whether we like it or not, I know that. But from a neutral aspect, the whole deal narrows down to the fact whether the performance or representation is authentic and truest to its real self. I'm okay with mixing genres but it has to carry its authenticity. It has to be honest, conveying the real message to people. Otherwise it doesn't serve it's purpose. You get what I'm saying right?"

None of them spoke a word; except staring at Namjoon with a triggered existential crisis and making him question the career path he has chosen all over again.

"Yeah. Got it. Totally!" Taehyung vigorously nodded his head while stuffing the burrito inside his mouth, his eyes enlarging automatically at the process.

"Fuck you all." Namjoon stated, obviously without thinking about the consequences because as soon as he realized that everyone except him was looking at Jin who was looking at him; he knew he fucked up.

It was 5:45 PM and all of them were gathered at Cedars Sinai's café; to discuss Taehyung's birthday plan for tomorrow evening; which became off topic just after five minutes. Both Taehyung and Jimin have been at work since afternoon and they need to stay here all night. Their shifts will be over in the morning. So it wouldn't be a problem to make plans for the next day. Jin and Namjoon were returning from their museum date since Jin agreed on one decade after constant pushing and praying; and right now, before returning home they were here with the '95 liners, with Jin questioning the life choices he made by agreeing on dating Namjoon five years ago. 

The poor maknae baby couldn't join them because of his hectic schedule at the paramedic station. Otherwise he wouldn't have hesitated to take his phone out and capture this drama that included a certain broad shouldered ravenette rap scolding the shit out of another and the other two enjoying it silently with their butts glued to the chair and mouth sealed with food; knowing all too well not to shove their noses into their business which also, they had to learn in the hard way in the past. 

"YOu sAid iT! RigHt in FroNt of mY SaLaD!"

"Babe I didn't mean that literally you know!"

"You're grounded for two weeks!"

Everyone knew what that meant. Jimin couldn't hold it any longer and he fell in love with the floor.

"TM fucking I!" Namjoon almost shouted.

"Yeah, we don't want your fucking information hyung."

"Come on Jinnie that's not fair."

"Just how horny are you? And tHerE aRe kiDs siTTing hEre!""

"You're the one to talk! And they are not kids!"

Jin was eating again which means he had calmed down from his fake anger that looked so very real. Namjoon was still fidgeting and seeing that, Taehyung cleared his throat.

"So that's all we're doing tomorrow? Drinking?"

"Since you're not letting any of us show our unconditional love for you....."