42. Run

🖤💜: You are my only sun, one and only in the world
I bloomed for you, but I'm still getting thirsty
It's too late, too late, I can't live without you
Though my branch runs dry, I reach for you with all my strength💜🖤

----------

It was dark.

When Taehyung regained his consciousness with a mild headache, all he could see was an ocean of darkness around him. Gulping down the nausea, he sat straight on the bed regaining his balance after a few moments. His throat was severely dry, as if a bucket of sand was poured into his trachea. He smelled like he didn't shower for ten days and his stomach was rumbling in hunger. Worst of all, he needed to pee and he didn't know where he was.

Little by little the haze from his eyes lifted and he found himself in quite a large chamber. Intricate designs were made on the walls and the ceiling; the room being decorated with old furnitures too. Light came from only one direction where the lamps were lit and Taehyung noticed that whoever kidnapped him, took special care in keeping him comfortable in terms of a huge amount of pillows on the soft, king sized bed.

This just had to be a elaborated prank.

His pelvis was starting to hurt so Taehyung got down from the bed. His feet were greeted by the softest mattress ever and he sighed as a shiver went down from his neck to thighs. Looking around he found a small door that very fortunately led him to a lavatory. He quickly emptied his bladder, almost cried in relief and when he got out, he started thinking about the second problem ih hand.

There must be a way out of this monarchical prison.

Taehyung lost his mind when he saw the height of the ground from the windows. Jumping out was no option here. Even though he knew he'd heal himself no matter what the consequences are, his ass was too scared to take the leap of faith. He shook the only door of the room; slowly at first and then violently all the way; his energy running out pretty soon because of the empty stomach and when he broke down on the floor with his fists sliding on the heavy metal door, he realised that he was indeed captured.

Probably by what he feared most at this point.

His whole chest clogged up in frustration and fear that came out as tears as he rested his forehead on the cold metal. He never imagined things would turn out to be like this. He blamed himself for not taking the danger seriously and rushing out of the house like that, especially at this devil's hour. He knew it was not just himself he put on the edge of cliff but also his family whom he held accountability to. And lastly he was dead pissed at his lover for not showing up in the evening and letting this happen.

The tear drop touched his dry lips and Taehyung licked it away. If these people could give him a bed to lay down on, couldn't they have at least kept some food or water on the side?

Are those footsteps?

Yes they are. Swiftly like a kitten, Taehyung hid himself behind the couch, holding his breath as well as the tremor in his body. Part of him wanted to see the face of his captor, to know if they had teeth or claws or long, bushy hair. The door opened with a click on the other side and then a creak; making Taehyung aware of presence of someone in the room although he couldn't figure out how many were there. He perked his ears up figuratively, to anticipated their movements. He left the windows open so they may think that he escaped or something...

"Yoo-hoo!"

A female voice said from behind and Taehyung jumped up in alarm. He saw a woman with literally a wand in a hand and full length gorgeous (fuck his mind for complementing the dress even in this situation) tunic just like they say in the stories.