35. Hidden Track - Path - II

🖤💜 Park Jimin 💜🖤

Taehyung was acting weird.

It first caught his eyes when him and Jungkook returned from Jin's house, barely dropped their belongings and jumped on Taehyung. The unnaturally calm demeanor of his best friend had made Jimin anxious. He had a very sensible answer to almost everything they asked, starting from his wellbeing to the extent of stupidity he might have gone to. And the man, who aged almost ten years overnight, put on that creepy smile and quenched their curiosity. He didn't give away any personal information, but Jimin's spidey sense told him that something may have devastated his best friend completely.

Even in the hospital, Taehyung attended his patients like a robot, communicated with the doctors like a record player. Jimin never for once saw him backing away from his duties in the name of disturbed mental condition; more like he was giving his best performance since Jimin can remember. It was as if Taehyung had gone numb to his own feelings. Jimin had tried to talk to him multiple times, tagged Jungkook along, but it turned out pointless. Taehyung had his answers ready at the tip of his tongue like he was telling Jimin what Jimin wanted to hear, rather than what was actually happening. His answers always have an edge, a limit where Jimin feels like he's almost telling the truth. And that little gap of 'almost' is forcing him to accept that as truth and not being able to do a damn thing about it, knowing it's wrong.

Taehyung may very possibly be playing him with lies.

But why?

What is his intention?

Not letting Jimin be a part of his life anymore?

He can say with a capital A that he has Accepted Taehyung for who he is, but this is getting out of hand. Everyone has problems in their lives; including Jimin but to his utter distaste, Jimin had started to wonder, what if Taehyung is doing all these to draw attention?

No, why would he think that? Fuck...

Truthfully, after the stunt he pulled yesterday evening, Jimin wasn't feeling comfortable with giving himself the right to think anything at all. While Taehyung had went out to the grocery store and Jungkook, too, had someone special to meet with (at first Jimin couldn't believe but he was glad his baby was growing up); Jimin made a fatal mistake. Searching up the small piece of paper from Tae's room, he had dialled the number written on it. He thought about hanging up in the middle so many times, but his ego and desperation got the best of him. After she had picked up, Jimin had, unsurprisingly, felt his anger flaring up at that annoying voice.

With a very taunting voice, he had told her that because of her only, his best friend was suffering. Like a child, he put a trap saying that he knows everything about the two of them, as Taehyung had shared him all of it. So Jimin asked her to enlighten him what was the issue making his best friend lose his mind. The woman, to Jimin's absolute distaste not only refused to tell him the reason, but questioned him instead, challenging about how much he actually knows. She played him too, just like Taehyung did with words and the conversation got so messed up at the end that Jimin couldn't help but yell at her and hand up abruptly.

He skipped the dinner Taehyung made with an excuse of bloated tummy. Even till now, Jimin wasn't able to look straight at Tae's face, cringing to his core everytime he remembered the phone call.

She's definitely going to tell Taehyung about it, anytime soon, and Jimin will have to look for a new place to live.

Struggling with the huge box of IV cannulas, Jimin dropped it on the floor and kicked the shelf in frustration. Groaning in anger, he sat on the floor, his head resting on the shelf behind him.