Chapter 2

*Buzz
I woke up to reach out for my phone.
"Can we go out for movies today?"
It was a text from Maca. She had just did something I'd never thought she'd do. After several days of getting to know her, she asked me out.
I soon leaped out bed with joy rushing to the shower. Singing, I imagined how I was finally going to kiss her.
I created pictures in my mind...and yeah ..I enjoyed.

I went through the same daily routine as if it was a school day. The last few days of getting to know Maca had been amazing, and I had generally fallen in love with her but I just didn't know how to ask her out.

"Mom, how'd Dad ask you out?" I asked grinning as I sat on the table, drooling at another English breakfast mom had prepared.

"Pat, we're not in movies where you get to ask me about girls or dating okay my boy?" she said avoiding the question about my dad. Something has been really offish with Mom whenever I talked about my Dad. He lives across town but I'm not allowed to go there without her permission. I wonder what really happened.
Ever since they separated things are now awkward. They are not how they used to be.

"But Mom I really need your help." I pursued.

"Well go to Google or something, it helps with such things as far as am concerned, so I won't sit here and tell you how Mr two goody shoes asked me out on a date!" she said with a harsh tone. Okay.

"Well at least can you take me to the movies?" I begged.
Well that was another dead end as she slammed the door without giving an answer.
I hurriedly took my phone and called her.  I called and it rang for a long time. Finally she picked up!
"Hey... uhm.. I can't come to the movies today so how about you come over to my house instead" I squeaked.
"Yeah sure! There movies here are very boring anyway" she replied. Shivers. Not again. Her voice sent down shivers I would literally become wet.

"I'll be waiting" I said as I hurriedly reach for the drop button.
I kept the call as short as possible. I was never a phone calls person as I spent my time studying or reading fantasy books. I made sure I did every homework and studied lessons even before we learnt about them.

I waited for Maca I spent time preparing snacks until boom...an idea flew past my mind! I was going to prepare an inside picnic.

I quickly ran to the pantry to retrieve the neon-colored lanterns, which I then lit in the dim study space. I brought my laptop there and played classical music, including opera, Italian contemporary, Aries and Overtunes, and other mellow instrumental songs. I've adored them ever since I was a child, and because of my taste in music, I've been labeled as a nerd. I moved the snacks to the elegantly spread blanket and, of course, added the flower petals I had taken from Mrs. Krabbage's garden across the street.I hung on.I was uneasy about everything as the door gently knocked. After waiting and getting ready for a while, I started to feel nervous.I moved over by the sliding glass door and discovered her. She was sporting white sneakers and tight pants. Additionally, she wore an oversize red "angry birds" hoodie, which looked great on her. For a moment, I was frozen and unsure of what to do. She had style.She let herself in and came running for a hug. My entire body had a sensation akin to a butterfly. Never before have I felt like this. I only felt this way when I was listening to Macarena. She followed me as I entered the study room. She took a seat on a continental, white pillow.

"You're beautiful as the sun" I stuttered.
"As if that makes sense" she smiled.
We laughed hard as we spoke and complimented each other, which finally gave me enough courage to tell her how I feel.

"Maca?" I said while intimately holding her hand.
Should I go for it now? But absolutely there was no turning back. My thoughts ran wild not knowing what to do, again.
'Macarena, would you be my girlfriend?' I just said bluntly, with no sign of emotion. I was afraid.
"Uh, uh no!" she said pulling out her hand from mine. She stood up. "What is it you're playing on this laptop anyway, its loud" she continued. Did she seriously do that to me.
I was ashamed. I leaned on to my laptop and just put on a Spotify RnB playlist. I felt controlled at some poimt, then I sat on the floor, ashamed.
"Well I'm not planning on dating someone so blunt with words...be creative man" she smiled down on me.
"Ohh" I said relieved. From all the books I've read I wanted to blow her mind off. I wanted to bring emotion like Danielle Steel did in her books but as preachful as Joyce Meyer.
"Well Maca, for all I know you are the best thing I've ever had.  My whole boring world is lightened up, by just your smile, your smile only. I'm just sure that you are the best thing I've ever had" I said repeating words. "you are all in one... you're a star...so let me be the one who carries you through out every struggle you face."

I raised my head to face her directly and felt her breath on various regions of my neck. I muttered under my breath, "I've never been this afraid before." These hands around my cheecks and lips squeezing against me halted me. She gave me a kiss. Her gentle tongue played around my cheecks as her teeth gently rubbed across my lower lip. I drew her nearer before ultimately raising her. Everything became even more private thanks to the gentle R&B music. This place became a refuge of love thanks to the red lanterns.

She stopped and looking directly into my eyes, deep in my eyes.
'Well I did say I'll be your SpongeBob' she said softly. I suprisedly blushed.
"I love you Macarena!"
And then she gave me a very nice baby kiss.
That was my first one actually and finally I was cuffed.
I froze. She was mine.
And I was so happy to finally cuff the one that was always my crush.