Chapter 34

Mark lightly touched the Kia Picanto's steering wheel. Yes, the car was little, but he secretly questioned whether it could go quickly enough to avoid the patrol police cars. He already expressed worry about his weight, claiming that it wouldn't help him if we had to run on foot and that he should be the driver instead. At this point, it didn't matter who the driver was; we were all terrified. Though his pals were scared as well, he was most worried about Kedron, the insane man who was causing all of this.

"A few minutes remaining," James said with so much amusement. Lines grew deeper on Mark's face as he turned his head to shoot a death stare at his companion. We were all risking our lives, and only he, seemed to be in a light mood.

"You seem to be excited James; you may want to hint us why?" I questioned.

"I'm just glad we'll have money at the end of the business today," James smirked.

"Is it?" I raised my voice in question.

"Yes. You don't trust me now," James asked in a louder voice.

"I never did, we were sworn enemies from the get-go. You made fun of me all the time at school whenever you got time, and I cracked a huge scar on your head," I reminded him. " How could I trust you?

"SILENCE!" Mark shouted. "When are you two going to grow up? In exactly 7 minutes we'll go inside this mansion and take everything valuable they own. If you two want to bicker, save it for after, okay?"

We continued to grumble under our breaths. It was 20:53 in the night of a cold June. This plan had the most preparation out of all the missions they had pulled off before. Well according to me, three weeks was all they took to plan this. The rest they just spent it just afraid. I was afraid too. This was my first time doing something of sort. The clock was ticking, and time went on. Another episode seemed to be on the verge of breaking out. I inhaled, and slowly exhaled. I drifted in thought for a while.

"Well boys, let's get this over with."

We jumped out of the car, went inside dragging their guns along our sides, the motion - sensor doors opening to our will. The inside lobby seemed dark. We stood in our positions waiting for the power cut. A low frequency thud was heard. All the devices in the house seemed to power down. Everyone knew where to go, and in a few seconds, I was inside the office.

Mayhem and chaos had already broken in the building. I expected no one to be in there. I rushed to the table and took the laptop, placed it carefully in the backpack. I was damned to get the folder containing all the secrets of the shady dealings that happen in the only insurance company we had locally. Mr Kedron was concerned about a safe in here, that would have diamonds inside. I opened the top drawer and found a key. It was strangely shaped, I easily figured it was the key to the safe, but where would it be. After several seconds of rummaging through the wall pictures, I finally found it. Upon removing trying to open the safe I had a creak from the door, a person entered and closed it behind them. I stood shocked. The darkness limited my eyesight, I could make out, though, that it was a female. The scent of her perfume gave it all away, I recognized her instantly. Her hair, her nose ring glimmering in the dark, I recognized her, and she seemed to be carrying a gun.

"Stand," she said swiftly looking away. I stood trembling. I dropped the keys to the safe, then I slowly put my hands in the air.

"Chloe, listen." The history between us thickened as she recognized my unpopular voice. She knew it very well, all these weeks separated from her, I always longed for her.

"Starr" she said gleaming with tears under the moonlight. "... I see... you were not done with ruining my life, huh?"

"Chloe, I am sorry for all the trouble and misery I brought on you. You didn't deserve any of it. I am doing this under duress, it is not that I mean you any harm."

"Is it Starr? I don't even want to hear any of it. The others have guns, where is yours?"

"I did not get one, I cannot really pull the trigger."

"Well, here. I want you to use this gun to shoot straight into Moreno and your father's brains. I went through everything in my father's laptop, the whole truth is in there. This gun belongs to my father, if any harm befalls him, I swear you're a dead man!"

"We intend on hurting no one. I'm just here for the laptop." He said pointing at his bag. "What really is in here?"

"Patrick McHale, get out before the cops get here. The alarm went off minutes ago." I took the gun from her, confused all the way to my sweat. I also wanted to take the diamonds; they were the most prized possession. "...and by the way, your father has the diamonds you were looking for in the safe."

"How do you know all of these things?" I asked in confusion.

She gripped my hand hard and murmured, "Hey, don't worry about all that." She met my gaze with my eyes darting all over her face as soon as I started breathing deeply. She then leaned in to give me a kiss. I felt divine as she skimmed over every crevice of my mouth. All the confusion of this heist subsided in my thoughts, and I forgot about it all as the steam of our kiss enveloped every part of my body. I forgot to bring about the laptop that I intended to use to extort her father for the accusations he was making against me. I didn't think of Rashin, who was searching the other rooms, or his girlfriend Amanda, who was waiting for us outside. Up until;

*Gunshot*

"Where is that bastard?" James shouted as he entered the office. We broke kissing but he had already spotted us. "What the fuck are you doing? We need to go, you stupid son of a bitch!" I followed him with in the thick darkness. We went out the door and found no one. The car was gone, and a dead security gaurd lied dead by the gate. Sirens blared at a distance, approaching us. We had to move. Then we started running on foot before they got here.