Chapter 7: The Plan

(Your POV)
It was now the next day, and we've decided to split up. Cao Cao went with the Hero Faction to see what the deal was with Lilith, while Vali + his team went to investigate Rizevim. As for me, I was currently heading down towards the basement with Akeno and Onihime, following a maid down to where Gasper's father was being kept. Just yesterday, I got some abilities sent by King Zenorse, which are supposedly there to enhance my firearm and defensive abilities. I'm deciding to keep my new abilities a secret until I need to use them, but they will help me in my best aspects. Rias and Gasper were supposed to come with us, but Valerie needed them for something. So the three of us decided to go to their place. It was dark as we traversed the stone steps, so the vampire maid was carrying a kind of lantern to help us see in the darkness. I heard from somewhere that devils supposedly have night vision, but I don't have night vision, so I'm not sure what to say. The downward spiral that led to the basement honestly looks like a stairway from a medieval castle, not surprising given the vampires. After a couple minutes of walking, we reached the bottom of the stairs, which led into a massive hallway made of stone. The maid led us into the hallway until she reached a wooden door, then she knocked on the door.

"These are the guest quarters Lord Vladi is staying in, if you have any requests, please let me know." The maid bowed in front of us before leaving the hallway, just as the door opened up.

Inside the door was a surprisingly fancy room, there was a golden chandelier on the ceiling, bookshelves filled with books, expensive looking wallpaper, and all the furniture looked like it was pulled straight from the Victorian era. The person who opened the door was a pale man with crimson eyes, and long blonde hair that was a similar color to Gasper's. The man was also wearing a suit, tie, and a cloak. He led us inside his small, yet well furnished room before sitting down in a chair. The man gestured to the couch in front of him, and the three of us sat down with Akeno sitting in the middle of us.

"How do you do?" Akeno greeted the adult vampire man from the couch. "I am Rias Gremory's Queen, Akeno Himejima. We came here to see you on behalf of your son, Gasper Vladi. We came to exchange information regarding your son."

"I have already spoken to Rias Gremory already, we exchanged information regarding the basics of that thing's existence." Lord Vladi appeared to call Gasper, 'that thing', which pissed off Onihime. "I was summoned to this very castle to handle this thing, and it's quite pathetic of me, but I ended up being locked into this room. It seems his highness Marius' group gave an order to bring Rias here by using my son."

"That thing?" Onihime crossed both her legs and arms and tilted her head. "Yeah I'm not really good when it comes to this kind of supernatural BS stuff, so please tell me what you mean by 'that thing'?"

"That thing...Gasper...is functioning as a devil." Lord Vladi ignored Onihime's question. "I'm quite shocked at that."

"Does his mother know?" Onihime wondered, but I wondered a different question. A question I got the answer to before I could ask.

"Gasper's mother died right after giving birth due to shock." Lord Vladi answered, wait, Gasper's mother died from shock? Is birth really that painful? Darn, I should probably give Yasaka, Venelana, and Grayfia more than a cake each for Mother's Day. "The thing she gave birth to...it wasn't vampire, human, nor half blood."

"Then what was it?" Akeno appears to be just as confused as I was. "Gasper seems like your normal half blooded vampire?"

"When that thing was born...it didn't have the shape of a person." Given how fearful Lord Vladi was, I'd say he was picturing the scene.  "Something that looked like a part of the abyss squirmed out of the mothers womb. It was something so mysterious and atrocious I don't believe the words to describe it exist. It was neither human or vampire, that much is certain. The mother saw that with her own eyes, and in moments she went insane before swiftly dying. The nurses and the servants who were in the room started to die, one by one, all in a strange way. My only explanation is that they all must have been cursed to death."