3. Strange Idea

When she came to know that he's not gonna stop for a while, she went near him. Noticing how close she has come near him, he stopped his talk and turned towards her.

"Madhav, you're one of a kind. Anyhow I don't find you super cool or attractive. And I have no idea to date you. Yeah I looked at you but that wasn't due to what you thought..." She further explained herself.

When she finished her explanation, Madhav's lips parted as he didn't expect this. He felt embarrassed as he came up with a story like that. He found hard to phrase the words.

"Nethra, I'm..I shouldn't have.. Ah okay I'm sorry. But how will your idea work? What if someone knows? My image will be spoiled. I can't defame my parents. But I need a place to reside as well" He ended his words showing his confused state.

His words annoyed Nethra a little bit.

"So you mean to tell that I'm about to defame my family. Don't be naive. I should be more concerned about us staying together. But I guess I'm okay with it as you have ZERO interest in me. I can't waste anymore money in a hostel. But remember only I get to decide the place we're about to live. If you're okay with it, we can move in within a week". She asked for his approval.

Thinking about it for a while, Madhav too had no option other than this. So he nodded and shared his number.

They both agreed to stay together till their internship. They planned to spend every little thing about the house by dividing the expense. No one should disturb the other person. They both had keys and they moved in a week as decided.

The small house had two rooms in it with a small hall. After all the arrangements, they both locked themselves in their room writing things.

That's when the door bell rang continuously. They both opened their doors and rushed to the door. Panic filled their expression.

"Did you tell your friends about it?" Nethra asked in a gruff.

Madhav shook his head before saying, "No. Why would I? I'm not that much stupid".

"But whose this at this hour. GOD.." She fiddled with her fingers.

"Just calm down. We'll manage" He said before opening the door.

The man in his fifties stood in the entrance who happened to be their house owner. Nethra felt herself relaxed before mouthing house owner to him.

"Please enter, Sir. Have a seat." She welcomed him and made him seated in the sofa.

"I hope that everything goes well in the house. Oh. This is your fiance. Nice meeting you sir". The man gave his hand to shake.

But Madhav looked stunned by the new information. He shook his hand involuntarily while glaring at her.

"I just came to give you the copy of the rent agreement". He gave it to him and left the place with a smile.

"See, I'll explain it. No one would rent us as strangers. That's why..". Madhav didn't let her finish her sentence. He went to his room and slammed the door louder.

Nethra felt bad about not informing him earlier. She kept on thinking ways to calm him down.
___________________________________________

Dear readers,

Hope you like this chapter 👍