9. Forced lie

Nethra felt herself slumping against the sofa. She didn't want to meet her fiance the next day. Her newbound feelings for the person behind her has not yet been settled. But then life waits for none, right. So she lied to Madhav about feeling sleepy and headed to her room. She couldn't sleep despite closing her eyes for more than an hour.

Madhav's mind had other battles. Her effort to bring his work truly toched his heart. From that time, he couldn't think of her as just mere friends or roommates. He wanted to be more than that. He wished to know more about her likes and dislikes. The desperate need to discover her arose in his heart. Yet the promise he made about not associating with her as a roommate reminded him annoyingly.

But then he clearly explained to his mind to stay in control until she saw him like he does. The next day, Madhav prepared breakfast and waited for her. But she didn't come out of her room. When the right time to catch the cab came, he hesitantly knocked her door. There wasn't a response for a while. Then he heard the sound of sheets and she opened the door with the same dress she worn yesterday.

Her eyes looked tired and her hair were all over face. Though she looked like she ran a relay race, he found her cute.

"You didn't get ready till now? It's about time to leave." He reminded her.

But then she didn't rush like he thought. She just stood there with eyes struck to the ground.
She spoke in a dull manner.

"I don't feel well. I've mailed Abhinav for leave today. Go ahead or you'll miss the cab".

Madhav brows furrowed in concern.

"Really, what did you have that made you sick? I'll get the medics. Get seated in the sofa" He rushed to his room and picked the first aid box in his rack.

With a sigh, she sat in the sofa. She felt bad about lying to him. But for some strange reason, whe couldn't admit about the arrival if her fiance. When he returned, he opened the box and took the thermometer. After checking that it's not much temperature to fear, he relaxed before giving her a body pain tablet.

"I'll be fine. Now go quick. No more excuses" She made it clear.

He left her hesitantly to the cab. After she became clear that he left, she quickly readied herself and headed to the park.

____________________________________________