14. Revealing with mixed emotions

The following days went by both of them avoiding each other. Nethra missed spending time with him. He prepared breakfast for her like usual. Though he did things for her, he didn't try to speak with her like before. He decided to give her the space she declared to him that she needed. But that is what pained her a lot than what she thought.

They worked on their individual projects everyday. The result to the competition was announced in which Madhav came second place and Nethra bagging the third place. Shw became excited and wanted to use this opportunity to have a peaceful conversation. She longed for those little moments they had.

She baked a vanilla cake by following YouTube videos. The frosting she prepared looked beautiful on the cake. It's been few weeks since they spoke with each other. When Madhav opened the door to the house, she shouted, "SURPRISE" while bursting the colour paper filled balloons on his head.

For few minutes, he didn't show any reaction expect a little widening of eyes. Then slowly his lips stretched to a smile noticing the cake before him with lighted candles. His eyes then found hers longingly. He just stared at her as if he missed her so much.

"I'm sorry," She said to him in a sincere tone.

He shaked his head and said, "Don't be so. I know that you needed time. I feel that something's bothering you. I'll wait for you to open up your troubles."

She just nodded her head and signalled him to cut the cake.

"Congrats on the victory. You won over me. It's just like a small gift I made for you." She said with eyes glinting with joy.

He blew the candles and cut the cake. He fed her a small piece of cake. She did the same. They sat together speaking stories they stored up for the other.

Suddenly, she held his hand and started, "Don't take me wrong. I wish to share what I feel now," and sighed.
Madhav tried to stop her. But she insisted and continued, "I think... I like you. But what's troubling me more is that I'm engaged to someone else".

________________________________________

Hey guys,

Hope you like this part... Don't forget to share what you think about it.