13. Honest Proposal

Madhav couldn't understand her words. But her emotion did something to him. He wanted to hear out what she says. Also he doesn't want the truth out. He felt that things would become way more different if it was. Despite all these conflicting thoughts, he couldn't bear her avoidance. He wanted to sort things with her.

"Why?" Madhav asked in a low voice.

Nethra stared at him with more things to tell. She wanted to know if he sees the same way she sees him. She searched for any sort of feelings in his eyes towards her. He felt struck to the place by her piercing eyes. He closed the distance between them.

She didn't try to back up like she usually does. She took the step forward this time. There's only a few centimetres between them now. His breath hit her and made her shiver a little.

"Why?" He whispered to her.

This time, she didn't bother replying to him.
"Because...things have changed. We have become close. You..get my point?". She asked him.

To which, he nodded before placing his hands on her cheeks.

"What is bothering you? We'll solve this together".  He said with conviction.

The way he said together broke all her restrictions within her. She wanted him to be beside her forever.

"What are we, now? Roommates or friends or more than that?" She asked him.

"I like you, Nethra. There's no point in denying it now. If you think the same, I'll meet your parents with mine proposing our engagement. We'll find ourselves jobs before our marriage. What do you think about me?" He asked her in a serious tone.

The word engagement startled her reminding herself of the promise she had made. That made her step back from him.

"I...I..need time to think". She stated in a confusion. He got disappointed by that and wished to know more but her pleaded looks stopped him from further intriguing her.

He sighed before heading out of the door.

__________________________________________

Dear people,

Please don't forget to share what you think about it.