1. Failed Plan

Wind hit Nethra's face as she sat in a seat by window side. Her mind is filled with questions about the decision she has made. She has agreed to the marriage fixed by her parent. That'll happen in an year. She gave a nod only because of not having a valid reason to oppose the arrangement. One of the other reasons of her giving approval is her parents. They have always been a constant support to her dreams. Even when she shared about her desire to work after marriage, they complied to that. They brought her a supporting alliance. The man with whom she's about to engaged in a month looks handsome and has a steady income. Her parents were so happy with the proposal.

Her passion to grow as a writer never faded like she expected to be in younger days. And so, she took the offer to join as a intern in a reputed company in Bangalore immediately. Her parents didn't object that but still they hesitated. They wanted her to work in locality till everything settles down smoothly. But Nethra couldn't decline the offer that satisfies her inner writer who starves to showcase her potential.

Now she is traveling to the place where her dream awaits. The shocking information hit her senses when her friend who happened to join her in the house she has rented couldn't join her. When she dialled her number, she replied that her mother became unwell and so she couldn't work there until she recovers. Nethra only had the money to pay half of the advance and rent. She couldn't request her parents who was already a bit hesitant with her moving to a new city.

She felt the opportunity slipping away from her hands. She booked a room in a hotel and joined in the company that day. Her team lead briefed about their work. There were eight more people with her. She forcibly listened to introductory session and kept aside thoughts that highlighted the need of a proper place to stay.

Everyone introduced with each other. She couldn't much remember their names. So, she registered their faces in mind as the tall man with curly hair, the short man with straightened hair, the girl with red clip and so on.

When she poured herself a coffee from the machine, she could hear the conversation of her two team members. She didn't try to eavesdrop. The words just reached her ears without much effort.

The man, dressed up in formals and with deep brown eyes asked, "Dheena, can you please check it up for me once more? I couldn't afford to pay whole rent right now. Or else could you please let me in your hostel?"

The man with the trimmed beard replied, "Madhav, I said you before. Our hostel is filled right now. Almost all of the hostels are filled now and so we couldn't find one. You better find a person to share a room with".

Madhav sighed before speaking again, "I tried requesting whoever I've met so far. But no positive response. I need a roof above me until I get a free space in a hostel".

Hearing that, Nethra's mind came up with an idea which she immediately rejected herself. Yet the thought lingered in her mind for the whole day. She started observing Madhav to judge his personality whether he can be trusted or not.

_______________________________________

Hey readers,

Hope you like the start..