8. Conflicting emotions

When they got back to their house after work, Nethra changed her outfit into a comfortable night suit. She refreshed herself before heading out of her room with her mobile. The odour of ginger tea welcomed her nostrils. She left her mobile in the small stand next to sofa and peeked inside the kitchen.

Madhav filtered the tea and added sugar to it. He poured two cups and gave one for her. Nethra eagerly took her cup and they both moved to the hall. Nethra sat in the left side while Madhav sat in the right side of the sofa. He had a magazine with him which he went on reading. For some reason, Nethra's focus drifted from her mobile and onto the person sitting next to her. His features looked more interesting to her now. The way she became comfortable with him surprises her.

He looks out for her at times. His supporting words for his sister and the way he respects her started having an effect on her. His brown eyes resembled her favourite dark chocolate. The softness that blends with stiffness in his face felt captivating for her. Suddenly something reminded of her checking him out.

She shouldn't look at him in that way.

But why does she find herself hard to remove her eyes from him. She shouldn't have feelings for the man with the brown orbs who is seated next to her flipping the pages of a magazine.

When he rises his head and his eyes meet mine, his lips naturally stretches to a smile. Yeah maybe she's in so much trouble right now.

That's exactly the moment when her mobile screen popped up with a message informing the arrival of her fiancy.

__________________________________________

Hey readers,

Hope you find this interesting. Please do share what you think about it.