10. Failed Expectation

Wind blew in a way that made her hug herself in the bench. The change of weather made her rub her palms together to feel warmth. That's when she noticed a blue limo parked in the parking lot. The man in formals got out of the car. His eyes wandered around in search of a particular person and waved at her with a smile.

She forced herself to smile at him and stood from the bench. He came near her and stood awkwardly noticing the bench.

"Hi". She initiated the conversation.

"Hi. It would be better if we've met in the place you stay". He pointed it out before sitting in the bench.

"Yeah..But..you know..my roommate. She's not comfortable with people she doesn't know" She tried to make the lie believable.

He nodded to that before speaking.
"I didn't get why you have to do this internship. I mean it may be helpful to you if you tried communicating with people in my house. Isn't it?"

His question made her grimace. The thought of him imposing her to be away from what she likes is infuriating her. Suddenly her mind thought of the person who convinced his relative for his cousin to pursue her dreams. She looks at the person near her observing him. She couldn't help but feel a pang of disappointment struck her heart.

"But that's something I like". She just stated her opinion.

He didn't think much about it and shrugged.

"Whatever. I couldn't stop thinking about you. And you look great in this dress." He complimented her before grazing his fingers with hers in the bench.

That touch made her want to run from the place. She looked at him in shock to stop this torture. But he didn't take the hint. Suddenly he took her hand and slided the ring he has brought to her finger.

"Now that's a perfect gift for my fiance. Next time, don't make me meet you in a place like this. It would be better if we met in where you stay." He said before rising to his feet with a wink.

He strided towards his car like nothing happened. Her mind became clear that she's not meant for this person. Suddenly the ring in her hand felt like a cage suffocating her. She removed it and shoved it inside her purse before walking to her house.

She locked herself in her room thinking about how miserable she made her life.
__________________________________________

Hey readers,

Hope you find this part interesting. Please don't forget to share, rate and comment about this story.