6. Missed the work

The following week went so fast like an electric train. But that week brought both of them together. They chit chatted stories about their childhood and argued over their favourite literature works. They became comfortable around each other. Madhav had better cooking skills compared to Nethra.

While she restricted herself to long for his delicious food, she couldn't stop herself that day when he made her favourite Alu paratha. The smell of butter melting on the flavorful parathas were so much to resist. So she tasted that and appreciated his hands for bringing out such wonderful delicacy. Madhav couldn't help but smile at her histerics.

He offered to cook food for her dialy until they stay together. She hesitantly agreed to that but fist pumped in the air revealing her happiness. He just smacked her head before running to their cab. Nethra liked the way Madhav respected his mother and the way he encouraged his cousin who wished to pursue a career in journalism. She eavesdropped the conversation he had with his cousin and her parents.

So when the day of the submission came in their office, both of them rushed to the cab. But it was more because of Nethra who forgot to make things ready before that. She panicked a lot about missing out stuffs. So Madhav had no way but to help her manage things while trying to calm her down.

When they reached the place and were asked to submit their work, everyone asked for some time to recheck their work. So when Madhav looked inside the folder, he couldn't find his work. That's when he realised that he left it there in his desk. He thought of rechecking it before he leaves the place. That's when Nethra threw a tantrum about missing things. Noticing the change of expression in Madhav's face, Nethra understood something. She went near him and asked Anvar to move to her seat. He stood up quizzically and left gathering his belongings. I seated on his seat and poked Madhav on his shoulder.

He signalled for her to look into his folder. There was a glimpse of recognition in her face. He whispered, "Maybe you win this single-handedly" with a forced smile.

Nethra felt bad for him. She tood up abruptly and went to her team lead. She mumbled something to him before sprinting off the place. Madhav thought she became crazy. He thought that maybe she felt guilty and decided to relax a bit. But as time went by and the team lead asked to submit their works, Madhav started worrying about her whereabouts. His eyes struck to the door.

When the team lead began to count the works and check if they're printed with the details of the individuals, someone gave a knock at the door. That's when Nethra came inside breathing heavily holding the printed work of Madhav. She wiped the sweat with the back of her hand and kept it along with her work in his table.

"Sorry...I had...some work..". She said in between her breaths.

Madhav's eyes widened and softened realising her efforts to submit his work.

_____________________________________________

Dear team,

Hope you like this part 🧡