16. Storm arises

Madhav and Nethra rehearsed in different ways in how to reveal the truth to Rakesh, her fiance. But they still couldn't have an idea of how things would go. That's when they heard the engine of a car being slowed down. Nethra asked Madhav to stay in his room. She convinced him that she'll narrate the truth without him involving in all of this. She feared that the news of them together would defame her family who trusted her a lot. He understood her emotions and he resisted himself to be near her to support her.

She opened the door and Rakesh entered with a bouquet in his hand. The bouquet had many kinds of flowers which looked lovely. He gave her that and roamed his eyes throughout the place.

"It's a nice place to reside. We should have met here before." He closed the distance between her and tried to hold her hands.

But like touching a fire, she slipped her hand away from him. Her instant reaction made a knot in his brows. For the first time, he felt the tension between them.

"Is there any issue? You seem distant today." He stated as a fact.

She nodded to that and spoke, "I don't know how to put things in a right manner. But I want to tell you..that..I don't want this marriage. Let's quit this today".

That shocked him like splashing a ice water to his face.

"What do you mean by that, Nethra? We are engaged. You agreed to this marriage. So, what's now? I agreed to this..this stupid internship just because of my mom's request. I agreed to your demands and now you want to end? Are you crazy?" He raised his voice.

His words sent a chill to her. The harsh tone he used made her mad.

"I'm not crazy. I don't want this marriage. We won't be good together. I'm sorry that I didn't say this before. But right now, I made my decision. And that is a NO." She replied in the same tone he used.

That's when the house owner knocked the door and came inside. He looked confused at the new person standing in a stiff posture. When she saw the house owner, her eyes widened out of shock.

She mentally pleaded him to not say anything. But her wishes went in vain with what he said before leaving.

"Sorry to interrupt. But ask your fiance Madhav to meet me later. He forget to pay the water tax this month."

Silence filled the room. And Rajesh's eyes widened by realising the truth.

"Fiance?" He said and saw her eyes glued to the ground.

He left the place while slamming the door.

________________________________________

Hey guys,

Hope you like this part