34

Charlie's POV
Thanksgiving was today, which is the worst time of the year in my opinion. There is so much food, and the thought of food makes me feel sick.

Since I hung out with Maya a week or two ago, I've been smoking weed nonstop. A couple days ago I tried some harder stuff like cocaine and xanax. I've been closed off with everyone since then, cause one look at me in the eyes then you would know I was on some type of drug.

"Charlie, everyone is going to arrive soon!" Mom shouted from downstairs.

"I'm almost ready!" I shouted back.

I sighed in defeat knowing that I can't smoke or take xanax today since all of our family is coming. I don't know who exactly is coming, but I know Demi won't because she is so busy with her tour. Demi not being able to make it is probably a good thing since her and I still haven't tried contacting each other since she went back on her tour. At least I was allowed to invite Ethan over.

"Who's all coming?" I asked Mom as soon as I got downstairs.

"You know, the usual people. Almost all of our relatives." Mom replied. "Ethan is coming too, right?"

"Yep!" I smiled excitedly.

"Well, I can't wait to officially meet him." Mom smiled. That's when I realized Ethan never met any of my family. He kind of met Dallas before him and I went on our date a while back, but that's about it.

"Please don't let Dad act like all those Dads in movies that get all protective over their daughter." I practically begged.

"I'll try not to let that happen." Mom chuckled.

Mom and I were talking about some other random things when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" I shouted, running towards the door. "Ethan!" I yelled in excitement as I came face to face with Ethan.

"Hey, babe." Ethan said right before I hugged him tightly and he gave me a kiss.

"I missed you." I pouted as Ethan and I entered the kitchen which was where Mom was. She was still doing some final touches to a few dishes she made for Thanksgiving this year.

"This must be Ethan?" Mom asked, looking up when she heard us enter.

"Yes. Mom meet Ethan and Ethan meet Mom." I introduced them.

"It's so nice to meet you. I heard a lot about you." Mom said, smiling at him.

"Good things, right?" Ethan laughed. I could never get sick of his laugh.

Ethan and Mom were getting to know each other when my phone started ringing. I quickly ran out of the room and to the backyard so no one could hear the phone call.

"Hey, Maya." I said, answering the phone.

"Hey, Charlie." Maya replied. "I got the stuff you wanted. Where should I deliver it?"

"Awesome. If you can jump the fence, there's a tree next to my window that you can climb up." I told Maya.

"Okay, I'll see you in a couple minutes." Maya said before hanging up.

"Where are you going?" Mom's voice questioned before I reached the stairs.

"I.. uh.. forgot something in my room. I'll be back down soon." I easily lied. Mom accepted the answer right before she introduced Ethan to Dad, Dallas, and Maddie.

I ran upstairs into mine and Maddie's room and shut the door. Soon after I shut the door Maya knocked on the window as she sat outside it.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, opening the window. "I thought it would've taken you longer to climb up here."