09

Charlie's POV
I walked into the house with my sister Demi and was greeted by our parents. I tried to avoid the conversation by heading upstairs, but Demi stopped me.

"Not so fast." Demi said, grabbing my shoulder. I sighed and sat down at the kitchen island with Demi, Mom, and Dad.

"What happened at the mall?" Mom asked, her face filled with concern.

"Well.. it started a couple nights ago actually.." Demi began to explain, but I zoned out. I didn't want to listen what she was telling our parents.

"Charlie, are you okay?" Dad asked once Demi was finished speaking.

"I'm fine." I replied, forcing a smile.

"Charlie, you've been having nightmares almost every night. I don't think that's fine." Demi spoke up.

"I said I'm fine." I spoke through gritted teeth.

"Charlie-" Mom began to speak.

"If you're going to say that I'm not fine, then don't say it." I interrupted harshly before heading upstairs. I sat at the top of the stairs and listed to their conversation. I heard something about taking the situation court, but I zoned out.

"What are you doing, Charlie?" Maddie's voice suddenly spoke up behind me. "Are you eavesdropping without me?"

"Maybe." I replied.

"I'm going to check on, Charlie." Mom's voice said.

"Shit! I wasn't here!" I pushed past Maddie and scurried into my bedroom. I threw myself onto my bed and went onto my phone.

"Hi, baby girl." Mom spoke gently as she came into my room. "How are you feeling?" She asked, sitting on the edge of my bed and rubbing up and down my arm.

"I'm good." I replied, setting my phone on the bedside table.

"Are you sure? You can come to me about anything. You know that, right?" Mom questioned.

"Yeah, I know." I reassured Mom.

"Demi told me you wanted to have a family movie night." Mom said as she decided to lay next to me and cuddle.

"Can we?" I asked while looking up at Mom.

"Of course. Is that even a question?" Mom laughed. It went silent for a bit. "I'm glad you're giving Demi another chance." She spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Well, I was a stubborn bitch." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Language!" Mom said sternly and I let out a laugh. "What do you want for dinner later tonight?" Mom asked as she got up off my bed.

"I'm not hungry." I answered.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Mom's eyes filled with worry.

"Yes, I'm fine." I gave Mom a reassuring smile. She nodded, accepting my answer and left my room. I chilled on my phone for a bit before there was a knock on my door.

"Dallas, Maddie, and I were wondering if you wanted to come outside to the pool with us." Demi said as she entered my room. I didn't even tell her to come in, but it's fine, I guess.

"I don't know, Dems. What about my cuts?" I asked nervously.

"We can cover them up with some makeup." Demi answered. "You can also sunbathe with me."

"Fine." I said.

"I'll go get my makeup." Demi told me before leaving my room. As she left, I looked down at my thoughts and remembered I had fresh cuts on my thighs. I rummaged through my swimsuits but I couldn't find any swimming shorts.