Chicome

Sersi told them about how she tried to speak with Arishem, and how she finally managed to. She explained everything Arishem had told her about the emergence. They have not only been protecting humans from the Deviants, but they've also been maintaining them alive for the emergence. This event will give life to a Celestial while using the Earth and its population to do so. Now Thanos' snap did not sound as bad, it had given them time to delay the emergence. It turned out that this was not their first time doing this, they had done this multiple times in other worlds, and each time their memories had been erased. An endless cycle. Everyone was silent, too astonished to form any coherent words or thoughts.

"At least Thena's rambling makes sense now." Metzi joked, trying to ease the tension.

"We have to stop this" Sersi ignored her. "We cannot let Earth be destroyed. We have three days to figure a way to at least delay it."

Metzi had to agree with her. She cursed Ajak for keeping this part of their mission a secret and still letting them go and live among humans. She had taken a liking to humans, living among them had given her the chance to live like them. There was no way she was going to let them die, not after everything. The rest of the Eternals agreed, they had also made a bond with humans on some level. Metzi realized everyone had quieted down and was now looking at her.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" Metzi said worriedly, rubbing her face.

"We need him. He could be our only solution." Sersi said cautiously as if by keeping a calm tone Metzi wouldn't freak out. There was no need of mentioning his name, they all knew who Sersi was talking about.

"You don't have to walk on glass around me when you talk about him. It happened long ago, it's all good." Metzi tried to defend herself.

"Now say that without crying." Sprite muttered. Everyone decided to ignore her, more pressing issues at hand, although they did not fully believe Metzi.

"I guess, we are going to pay him a visit then." Kingo said, arms crossed against his chest. "That will make a good scene for my documentary. Karun, I have an idea" Kingo slid his hand over Karun's shoulders, walking side by side to the jet, telling him the new ideas for the documentary.

"Does anyone know where he is?" Ikaris asked. In all fairness, not everyone had kept up with each other. The fallout between Druig and the rest had been the worst, so it was no surprise that they didn't get live updates from him.

"Yeah, Ajak contacted him and he had been living in the Amazon for the past millennium, I don't think he would suddenly move." Sprite offered. Metzi looked surprised, she never thought that Ajak would keep in contact with him or that Druig would tell her his whereabouts. She had never considered that Ajak had known after all this time where he was.

The rest of the Eternals followed Kingo into the jet, Metzi trailing behind all of them. She jumped as she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Thena asked her.

"Yes, it was so long ago. I'm over it." Metzi assured her, trying to look nonchalantly.

"Mmmh, some might think otherwise. You haven't even said his name, some might find that... interesting." Thena left as she finished the sentence, catching up with the rest.

It was true. She had spoken his name to no one, though it wasn't deliberately. The name wouldn't leave her lips, it felt like his name got trapped on her chest ever since he had left her alone in Tenochtitlan. There has never been a reason for either to talk to each other, she even doubted that he knew much about her whereabouts and honestly she wanted it to stay like that.