7. bölüm

-At this rate, I think I'm going to deliver twins for real. -Poyraz couldn't help but laugh.

-Well, look at it this way: you'd kill two birds with one stone. -Haziran squinted her eyes, judging him.

-Right, because according to your plans I'd just have one more labour left, wouldn't I? -she asked sarcastically.

-Right. -he grinned without taking his eyes off the road.

-Don't run so much, Poyraz Özgür. We just made up.

-I know, I was just kidding. -he turned to look at her- Besides, that's your call. -he assured with a steady but sweet tone. They stared at each other for a couple of seconds and, when Poyraz's eyes returned to the road, Haziran's went to look through her window, smiling to herself. To kill the silence imposed between them, she urged herself to come back from her reverie and looked back at him.

-Well, for your information, twin pregnancies are a lot harder, so I don't think you would want me to get through one. -she grumbled. Poyraz just smiled so she decided to change subjects- Speaking of babies, we shouldn't tell anyone else I'm pregnant. I mean, I'm still in my first trimester and I already told too many people. I don't like it. -he looked at her and found her frowning in a cute way, so his heart melted and felt sorry for her at the same time.

-You're right.

-I mean, inşallah everything will go well but in the end it's the doctors' recommendation. -she continued to ramble, trying to explain herself- We should tell Alper because he's your best friend and I don't want Melisa having to hide anything from him but that's it. Bitti. -she stated, gesturing an x with her hands. Poyraz felt his face heating up and he gulped before turning to Haziran.

-Have you talked to Melisa? -Haziran saw his expression and decided to make him suffer a little. She crossed her arms.

-Yes, I talked to her yesterday morning and she told me you had told her about the baby. -Poyraz looked as if he didn't know what to do with himself and Haziran was fighting to keep a straight face and not laugh.

-Erm... Yes, I told her. I was kind of overwhelmed the other night. -he tried to explain, stuttering, his eyes going from Haziran to the road and back to her.

-She also told me you had researched pregnancy things. -she teased him. Poyraz felt himself getting redder and cursed Melisa in his mind.

-Well, yeah... -Haziran made him patient for a few seconds and then smirked.

-Well done. You have to be informed too. -Poyraz felt an instant relief but, when he saw Haziran's devilish smile, he understood what was happening.

-Were you messing with me? -he raised an eyebrow.

-Eveet. -Haziran stated proudly- I wanted to hear it from your lips. I don't mind you telling her, she's my friend too. And I get that you needed to talk to someone. Baby news are not any news. -Poyraz shook his head, with an amused smile, and turned his attention back to the driving.

When they arrived at the hotel, Murat was behind the reception desk.

-Günaydın. -Poyraz and Haziran said günaydın in return and immediately shut up, feeling awkward as they had said it in sync. Murat looked at them, noticing something weird going on between them. Poyraz cleared his throat.

-Any news we should know about, Murat?

-No, Poyraz abi. The guests from room 101 just left.

-Tamam, I'm going to check the lightbulb in the kitchen that was giving problems yesterday. -he said, pointing with his thumb in that direction. Then, he looked at Haziran, hoping the glance seemed casual.