10. bölüm

12 weeks pregnant

—That's all, Haziran. You can fix your clothes. —the doctor said, getting up from her seat to pass her a piece of paper.

—Thank you. —Haziran started to clean herself as the doctor went back to sit behind her desk.

—Shall I help you? 

—No need, aşkım. —Haziran replied to Poyraz while she finished removing the gel off her small baby bump. Then, she got up from the examination table to zip and button her trousers and fix her shirt. Poyraz and her went to sit in front of the doctor again.

—Okay, guys, so like I told you, everything seems fine. Just continue like this, Haziran, you're doing great. 

Teşekkür ederim. —Haziran said with a grateful smile and Poyraz looked at her adoringly. The room went quiet and she looked at him. He nodded, encouraging her— By the way, doctor, we wanted to ask you something...

—Of course.

—We're getting married in two weeks and we'd love it if you and your husband could come. —she confessed, opening her bag and placing an envelope on the desk, on the doctor's side— Of course we're very grateful for you taking care of my pregnancy but it's mostly because you've always been in Poyraz's life. —she finished talking and looked at Poyraz nervously. The doctor looked at them surprised and touched and she opened the envelope.

—This is a beautiful invitation. I love the cherry blossoms. —she raised her head to look at them with a smile, as her right index finger slid across the drawing.

—It's my favourite tree. It means rebirth. —Haziran said in a low voice and her cheeks went a little red.

—Very accurate. —the doctor smiled at them again— We'll be very pleased to attend your wedding. —she finally said— It will be our pleasure to share this day with Poyraz and with you. —she added, looking reassuringly at Haziran, and then to Poyraz. 

—Thank you so much. —he replied.

—Thank you. —Haziran said with a smile and then she got up from the chair. Poyraz mimicked her— We should go now. Thank you so much. We'll see you at the wedding then.

—See you at the wedding. —Ceren hanım said smiling broadly.

—See you. —Poyraz said too. 

They left the hospital holding hands. 

—Are you happy? 

Çok. —Haziran said, turning to him to smile sweetly. Poyraz smiled too. 

—Would you like to tell someone about the baby? Now that you're already on week 12, I mean.

—I think Burak and Murat. I feel bad for lying to them. —she replied pouting— We spend all day with them after all. 

—Okay, but you don't have to feel bad, it's not lying. It's just what people do in our situation. 

—I know but it feels weird that everyone else in our circle knows about it... Anyway, we'll tell the two of them for the moment. Everyone on the island will notice in no time after all. —Poyraz looked at her with a half smile— About my friends in Istanbul... We'll see. 

—That works for me. —Poyraz said, squeezing her hand, and she looked up to him. They smiled at each other tenderly and kept walking aimlessly— By the way, I forgot to tell you. —Poyraz spoke after a while— I got to know about a house that's been left empty. 

—Yeah?

—Yes. It's actually the house of an old lady who passed away two years ago. After splitting the inheritance, the family decided no one wants that house. I ran into one of the sons the other day and he told me about it.