the exception.

In which...

Nini's love for Ricky is so strong that she doesn't know how to control it, but it's kind of hard to focus on it when people are constantly telling her it's not likely it'll last

~They say young loves a loss or it's a lesson. Here I always wanna be here. My heart is telling me we're gonna be the exception~

Zeppelin played softly in the background as my hair flowed along with the wind rushing in through the windows

Zeppelin played softly in the background as my hair flowed along with the wind rushing in through the windows. I looked over at Ricky with the biggest grin on my face.

His left hand stayed on the wheel as his right one rested comfortably on my leg. If someone told me before I'd be this happy with him, I'd think it was an exaggeration.

He looked over at me with his brown eyed grin immediately making my heart skip a beat. My parents always told me that I'd know when it's love. That I'd feel it in my heart.

Right here, right now I know that what I'm feeling is love. There's no way it isn't. The way my heart flutters just being in his presence. The way that just seeing that goofy grin of his beings a smile to my face. The way that his touch sends electricity through my body.

This is so much more than high school attraction. This is so much more than just infatuation. This is intense love.

"What are you thinking about" he asked with a small laugh.

"Us. How happy I really am with you." I said and he looked over at me with a grin, making me smile wider

"I'm happy with you too Nini. Happier than you know" He said focusing his attention back on the road, and I leaned over placing a quick kiss on his cheek.

As Ricky pulled up to our spot we both looked at each other with grins. This is the place where we can simply be us. No other people with their opinions about our relationship. We can just be.

We were Ricky and Nini while we were here.

He grabbed the blankets out the car carefully placing one of them on the roof of the car, and holding the other one in his hand

He helped me to get situated on top of the blanket before climbing on the roof of the car himself.

Our spot was right at the top of a hill where you can see all the beautiful scenery of Utah if you wanted to, or you can just stargaze if you wanted to.

It was perfect for us. Sometimes we'd come here and just talk about life, others we'd lay together in a comfortable silence just looking over the city. It was honestly perfect as long as we were together.

"Traffic's at a standstill, the cars are just...sitting there"

"I mean, it's LA what do you expect" i said and both of us laughed knowing exactly how true that really is. LA is always busy at night. It creates some beautiful scenery though. Not so beautiful when you're in it though. "It's beautiful isn't it? The way the buildings light up. The way the cars' headlights provide light within the dark night. It's...perfect"

"Like you?" Ricky said placing a kiss on my forehead

"Please, I'm far from perfect." I laugh lightly

"You are in my eyes" he said looking straight into my eyes with nothing but love and lust. Caught within his eyes I place my hand on the side of his cheek closing any space that was left between us.

Our lips move in synch as I incorporate every ounce of love that I have for him within the kiss, and I can tell he's doing the same. It just feels so right.

His lips make their way down to my neck as he starts to place small kisses onto my neck before making his way back up to my lips

After separating I gently held his face in my hands and told him the three words I'd been thinking all night

"I love you" there wasn't a doubt in my mind that he wouldn't say it back. There's no way that the love for him I have is this intense and he doesn't feel the same way.

His eyes widened for a split second at the sound of those words, almost as if he's shocked, but softened almost as quick as they widened

"I love you too Nini. With everything in me" he said before we crashed our lips back into each other never wanting this moment to end

Never wanting to let go of each other. Feeling Love, Compassion, and Passion for each other.

"My parents think we won't last you know?" Ricky said as he gently held me in his arms raking his hands through my hair. Both of us admiring the stars that fell above us "they think that we're just kids and it's just a phase. But us, we're so much more than that."

"I think mine do too. They think you're just a high school boyfriend I'll be over in a matter of months but the way that I feel about you, it's not going anywhere. I want to feel like this forever"

"I know we're still super young but I know that you're it for me. The way I'm feeling now, I know I can't feel this way about anyone else. I don't want to feel this way about anyone else. I want you to be the one I marry, the one I start a family with, the one I spend the rest of my life with"

"Ricky Bowen! Is that a proposal? Where's my ring?" I joked and we both laughed slightly

"Oh trust me, you'll know when I propose" he said earning a smile from me

"Nina Bowen. Has a nice ring to it don't you think" i giggled

"It sounds perfect" he kissed the top of my head before resting his chin on it

"I never knew I was capable of this kind of love especially this young. Some might say it's infatuation but I know that this, what I'm feeling, is love. You're my person"

"And you're my person" he smiled and I smiled back at him. My heart was pounding and I wasn't sure why.

I guess you can say that this kind of love is scary. Being so attached to one person so young knowing you have your entire lives in front of you. Different challenges just waiting to come at you.

Despite all the doubts in everyone's mind, I think we're gonna be the exception.