Back to the Little Palace

The next morning, Bianca woke up, she leaned to the side, expecting an empty spot, but Aleksander was still asleep.

'Help, should I wake him?'

'No let's enjoy a peaceful Aleksander for once'

'Too bad he's already waking up'

'How do you know?!'

'I sense heartbeats dumbass'

"Morning B" a deep low voice mumbled sleepily.

Aleksander's hair was tousled everywhere, his eyes were half closed. Bianca blushed at the sight and smiled in awe. She looked down, only to turn away when she saw him smirk, looking at her now red cheeks.

"Looks like your hair isn't your only red feature"

"Shut up"

'Heart I swear to god'

'Oi not my fault'

"You can keep staring you know, it's still dawn"

"I'll leave that job to you and your mirror, I'm sure it will do better than my staring."

"We should move by now. Fjerdans certainly got the word of your escape and our presence, they'll want to come after you"

"Alright, but the first thing I'll be doing is increasing the security"

"You think I haven't done that while you were gone?"

"You did?"

"I'm not as stupid as you think I am"

"I didn't say you were stupid, but thanks for giving me the idea"

"Let's go, the grisha are waiting for us"

General Kirigan- no, Aleksander put on his kefta, while Bianca brushed through her messy hair. They both got out of the tent, only to find the grisha packing up the camp.

"General, we're ready to leave as you instructed"

"Good, we'll be leaving on foot until we reach the horses"

The Darkling was ahead of everyone with Bianca slightly behind him, and the other grisha were behind her. The journey was less problematic than Bianca had expected, it also went by fast. The routine was the same, they'd camp at dusk and keep moving as fast as the sun rises, and Aleksander wouldn't leave her out of his sight.

After 2 days, they finally stepped out of the ice borders and into the streets of Ravka. They transferred from foot onto horses, and reached the Little Palace in a few hours.

The Palace was piled up with guards at every entrance, the borders of the Little Palace were stretched to the woods for more security. The Palace was pretty much empty, as it would always be during midnight.

"Leave the ruins from the druskelle on the map table, David. You're all dismissed"

Ivan, Fedyor, Polina, David, Pavel, and Zoya all left without a word. They all looked at Bianca with relief in their eyes, except for Zoya, and she returned it with a smile. They were grateful for her return, the general was a monster when she went missing.

"I said they were dismissed, not you B."

"Aleks I stink, I need to fix myself"

"It can wait until the morning"

"Aleksander" she glared with dagger eyes, his heartbeat slightly sped up

"Alright" he sighed. "But we have a meeting when you get fixed"