Chapter 4

It was the end of the picnic and Chris came back after I did but we didn't talk much. I sighed as we were cleaning up everything and were walking to the trashcan together.

"Hey." I said bumping into him playfully.

"Hey." Chris said smiling.

"Happy Birthday." I said and he groaned but was still smiling.

"I can't believe you remembered." Chris said and I shrugged.

"I mean I didn't until I looked at the calendar this morning." I said and Chris laughed as we threw away the trash we had and walked off to the side for a minute alone. We were both silent for a minute and I just sighed.

"Okay honest moment for a minute and you don't let it go to your head?" I questioned and Chris nodded but had a smirk on his face.

"I missed hearing you call me Olive Oil." I said and his smirk moved to huge smile. Chris took a step closer to me.

"You did?" Chris asked and I took a step closer.

"I did. It was one of those sounds your brain always reminds you off but it never did it justice. Hearing you say it today was nice." I said and Chris was still smiling and stepped closer. He reached and moved some hair from my face that had flown around from my ponytail. Wherever his fingertips touched it left a trail of electricity.

"Chris..." I said in a breathy whisper and Chris closed his eyes.

"Don't say my name like that." Chris said. I just looked up at him.

"Damn it Olive Oil, why do you do that?" Chris asked.

"Do what?" I asked in the same whisper only because I couldn't find my voice.

"Look at me with those damn hazel eyes and talk like that. It does things to me and I just want to grab you and kiss you." Chris said and I shook my head moving a step back.

"I'm sorry." I said finally finding my voice. I had stepped back to high school Olivia who did that to get whatever I wanted from Chris and I didn't want to be her.

"It's been 20 years, I am moving home now. Would it be so wrong?" Chris asked.

"Yes it would be we should have been married and have a family by now." I said annoyed.

"I know! I screwed up everything, I had to take my chance in LA though!" Chris said raising his voice.

"And I could have gone with you!" I raised my voice.

"I didn't want you to go!" Chris said voice still raised.

"Why not?! We could have been happy!" I said with a matched tone.

"You would have held me back!" Chris yelled and I felt like all the wind had been knocked out of my lungs.

"Hey you two!" Lisa said coming over angry which proved everyone could hear us.

"How old are you two again? I know you both know how to act in public me and your mother made sure to teach you that." Lisa said and I just looked at the ground as tears stung my eyes.
"Sorry mom." Chris said and I gave a slight nod.

"I have to go." I said and went to walk away.

"Olive Oil wait..." Chris said and grabbed my hand and I yanked it away.

"I don't want to hold you back anymore Chris." I said and walked away, I heard Lisa sigh as I did.

"Why do you continuously hurt her? Tell her the truth." Lisa said once I was out of ear shot.