Chapter 5

A couple days later I was sitting at home going through some new fabric swatches I got in for my job as an interior designer when my phone rang.

"Home Designs by Olivia." I said not recognizing the number.

"Olivia, hi, it's Lisa." I heard the voice say and I smiled.

"Hi Lisa. How are you?" I asked knowing I had just seen her at the picnic.

"I'm great sweetie, I was actually calling to ask you of you could help me." Lisa said.
"What do you need?" I asked.

"Well I am looking to redo the house and I was wondering you could come by show me some ideas?" Lisa asked and I smiled.

"Yeah I would love to. Should I just come to the house?" I asked.

"Oh no, I'm at Scotts right now. He is looking for stuff today too so why don't you just come here?" Lisa asked.

"I don't know his address." I said and Lisa huffed a laugh.

"I'll text it to you. When can we expect you?" Lisa asked.
"In about an hour. I want to get all my stuff together." I said.

"Perfect, see you then." Lisa said and we hung up. I got dressed and went to Wesley's room

"Hey, I got work call. I am going to be home later." I said and he nodded.

"Okay." He barely looked up from his game.

"I'll call you on my way home." I said and he nodded.

"Wow, kid really?" I asked and he paused his game.
"Sorry mom. I love you." Wesley said. I smiled.

"Love you too." I said and left his door open since he was going to be home alone. I went to my office and grabbed everything then headed to the address Lisa sent me and I could tell right away as I pulled down the long driveway I was going to love this house with all the natural light. It looked like a whole wall of top of bottom windows. I parked the car and got all of my stuff once I got out of the car. I walked up to the door and knocked. I heard a dog start barking instantly and I smile knowing Scott got a dog. I watched the door open and groaned the minute I saw who opened the door.

"Chris?!" I asked in shock.

"What are you doing at my house?" Chris asked and I huffed a laugh.

"Your house? Your mom told me this was Scott's house and her and him were looking to do some remodeling and needed me for interior design." I said and Chris sighed.

"Come on in, I will call my mom." Chris said and I walked in and was greeted by an adorable brown and white dog.

"Hi baby." I said and sent down to pet him.

"That's Dodger." Chris said and I smiled. I looked at Chris as I stood back up.

"Shoes in the house or not?" I asked knowing he was always picky about it growing up.

"Off please." Chris said and I smiled slipping the off by the door and put them with his shoes. We walked into the living room and sat on his couch and he called his mom putting her on speaker phone.

"Hey Chris." Lisa's voice said answering the phone.

"Hey Lisa." I said and I heard her snicker.

"You made it!" She said excited.

"Yeah she did, under the odd suspicion that you were sending her to Scott's house." Chris said.

"Oh yeah, no that was Chris's house but be honest Liv, if I had told you, would you have shown up?" Lisa asked and I sighed.