Chapter 8

Once we arrived in Canada we went directly to the hotel to settle in. I looked at saw only one king sized bed.

"Chris, there is one bed in here." I said and he groaned.

"I know, I changed the reservation last night when my mom wasn't coming. I figured we can share a bed Olive Oil. It's big enough we probably won't even be near each other. Just go with it okay?" Chris said and I groaned.

"Go with it?! Chris, we haven't shared a bed since the night before you left." I said and he smiled.

"That was good night." Chris said and I sighed.

"I'll deal with it but nothing...and I mean nothing is going to happen." I said and Chris nodded.

"Got it." Chris said. Chris's movie wasn't until tomorrow night but we were invited to go see a movie tonight and Chris was excited because it was a movie called Endings, Beginnings and Sebastian Stan had starred in it. Once in the room I saw a rack of outfits for me to pick from and I sighed.

"Chris, I am not good at picking out these kind of outfits. I'm a mom of a teenager, I never got this life." I said and Chris came up beside me and looked at the rack. He pulled out a lilac colored silk mini dress. It looked like a slip and had a runched bust area with a lace up back and spaghetti straps. I smiled and went into the bathroom to change and when I walked out Chris's eyes nearly bugged out of his head.

"I look okay?" I asked and he smiled.

"You look amazing." Chris said and I smiled but I saw someone else in the room and she smiled at me.
"Hi, I am Melanie. I will be with you for the next 2 nights to get you ready. I see you picked out an outfit. Lets get your make up done." She said and I sat down where she told me too and she worked on my make up and hair while Chris got dressed. Once I was done Chris walked out of the bathroom in a pair of black jeans, and a black button up with the sleeves rolled up. I smiled at him and he saw me ready to go.

"You look amazing Olive Oil." Chris said and I smiled at him even blushing slightly. Chris walked over and grabbed my hand.

"Time to go. You ready?" Chris asked and I took a deep breath.

"I think so. I have no clue what to expect." I said and Chris smiled as we left the hotel and headed down to the car. Once on our way to the premiere Chris grabbed my hand.

"You nervous?" Chris asked and I shrugged.

"Honestly, I don't know how to feel Chris. I have never been with you or to anything like this....I never got the chance." I said and Chris groaned.

"Which is why I wanted to bring you now. I wanted you to see what I have worked so hard to accomplish." Chris said and I scoffed a laugh and looked out the window.

"What?" Chris asked annoyed sensing my attitude.

"What you left me for is what you actually mean." I said and Chris was going to say something but we arrived at the red carpet.

"Can we just not do this right now?" Chris asked and I sighed but nodded. He got out of the car and then helped me out. As we started walking down the red carpet, Chris stopped to take some pictures and pulled me close to him, I put my arm around his back as his rested low on my hip. After a few pictures I moved off to the side so Chris could have his picture taken only. We continued down the carpet and Chris had to go do an interview. I heard them talking but stayed off to the side.

"Who is your date tonight Chris?" The interviewer asked near the end of the interview and he looked at me and smiled.

"A very dear friend. Been through a lot together." Chris said and I smiled at him.