Chapter 13

*****CHRIS POV*****

Olivia left me sitting in my room and I just looked at the proposal letter and was so confused as to who left this for her. I heard Wes and Olivia leave so I went into the living room and looked at my mom.

"Did you do this?" I asked her holding up the letter.

"What?" Lisa asked.

"Leave this letter in Olivia's mailbox. It could have only been you." I said and Lisa sighed.

"I won't deny it, I did." Lisa said.

"Mom why?!" I asked.

"Chris, do you really think it was fair to not give her the option of where you two would go? She wanted to be with you and you just cut her off. You even stopped all communication no matter how much it hurt both of you. You had every option to go back to her and you didn't." Lisa said and I sighed.

"Chris, you said yourself you weren't sure where you two were going once she graduated and you weren't sure if her moving with you was the right choice it just seemed like what everyone expected. You didn't talk to her about this and just let her go. She was ready Chris, not ready for an engagement but ready to be with you." Lisa continued.

"Chris...why did you never come back for her?" Ash spoke up and asked.

"What?" I asked.

"You had 5 years before she married Dustin. She was never happy with him, why didn't you come back for her if you weren't happy?" Ash asked.

"Because I thought she would be better without me and not in this life." I said.

"Don't feed us that bullshit." Scott said.

"What?" I asked.

"Don't feed us that bullshit! You weren't hugely famous in those first 5 years, you could have had her back. You didn't love her, you need to just admit that." Scott said.

"How the hell do you know how I felt?" I asked pissed off.

"Because if you would have loved her you would have done anything in power to get her back to you after you broke up with her. If you would have loved her you would have let her just come to LA with you when she graduated. You. Didn't. Love. Her." Scott said and I groaned. I thought about punching Scott but I thought better of it.

"Chris, I dropped the letter off thinking you guys were working things out and she had to go into this with you knowing everything. You were keeping secrets, secrets that shouldn't have been kept." Lisa said.

"Well secrets all revealed now and she doesn't want to see me anymore. She said we aren't enemies but we aren't friends. He last words to me was there was no more us or chances for us. She is done." I said and Lisa sighed.

"I didn't know it would be like that Chris, I'm sorry." Lisa said and I shrugged.

"There is nothing I can do, it doesn't matter anymore." I said and Ash sighed.

"You are such a fucking idiot sometimes I just want to beat the hell out of you." Ash said and everyone whipped around to look at her.

"Excuse me?" I asked shocked.

"Chris, do you know in her closet she keeps a box full of memories of the two of you? From the entire time she had known you. I mean hell she has a ticket stub from the first movie we all saw as a group because you bought her favorite candy because she didn't have the money for it. She had the breakup letter, every yearbook that you wrote something in, every picture, everything Chris! Trust me she isn't done with you, she never will be. She is just hurt and you need to prove to her you can be with her and not be the same guy that just up and left years ago." Ash explained.