The Truth

Everything was frozen.

I couldn't believe it. I was adopted? How is this even possible? Oh Lord please help me now.

"I don't believe you." I told him while staring him straight in the eyes. The eyes that were identical to mine...

He sighed and folded his hands neatly on the table. "I wasn't expecting you to Darla. This is a lot to take in, in one day." That was the biggest understatement of the year.

"Okay um, can you just explain something to me?"

"Sure thing sis." I grimaced at the nickname but just brushed it off.

"Why did my-our parents get rid of me but not you? No offense but I mean..."

He sighed and combed his hand through his hair. "I understand why you would ask this question. You see, they gave you up for adoption when you were 2. They did that because you're different Darla. You...you weren't supposed to even be born. The doctors all called you the Devils child because you made things move and when you were mad you ...well you killed a guy Darla. Pretty scary shit. And our parents weren't for it so they got rid of you. When I found out when I was older, I ignored them for a very long time. It was stupid, what they did and they regret it a ton. They would like to see you if you would let them come over sometime to visit you." He explained to me with a guilty look on his face.

"Wait, wait, wait, let's just slow down a bit Okay? I just met you. I'm not ready for them yet. And how did I do those things? Huh? Why can't you do them? And what do you mean, I wasn't even supposed to be born?" I grabbed the sides of my head, my mind churning painfully with all this new information.

"You were cursed. Mom..she screwed up. She cheated. While she was pregnant with us. The person she cheated with was totally crazy but apparently he did witchcraft or something like that and cursed you. Just you. Not me. Nobody freaked out about it until you actually showed symptoms of being cursed because everybody thought the guy was just really crazy. Apparently not. I was never cursed, so I don't do that stuff." He took a deep breathe before continuing, " I was supposed to be the only child. Mom was shocked when she found out she was pregnant with twins. Dad was...upset. He only wanted a son but once you were born, he loved you so much. When you were born, you had a lot of problems. No one thought you would make it but you did. You were a miracle baby, Darla." Andrew explained, smiling lightly at the end.

"A miracle baby that wasn't supposed to be born." I mumbled, upset with everything I'd learned.

"Andrew, do you know what's been happening to me? A demon, something bad, has been controlling my life. He-he's crazy. He made me kill someone. I don't know what to do and I'm terrified I'm gonna hurt someone else." I explained to him and took a deep breathe. I hadn't told anyone about that last thing. Not even Phoenix.

Andrew looked at me with a look of pure pity and sadness. But when I looked in his eyes I saw guilt. What's he guilty about?

"The um, the curse I told you about. He didn't just curse you so you could do weird things. He also said that you would be haunted by the Spirit of Hell. No one believed that part, even when you started acting weird. But I guess he wasn't lying." Andrew told me with a grim look.

I looked down at my hands and felt the tears well up. How long had Damian actually been around? How long had he been affecting my life? What else didn't I know about me?

"Darla, there's something else."

"What?" I looked up at him and he gulped.

"The man that cursed you is your boyfriends father."

**

Oh my gosh guys, I'm back! It's literally been years but I'm back and I'm going to be writing a lot more now. Thank you to everyone reading and voting and commenting, I appreciate it so much. I never thought this book would have 2.97k reads! Thank you all so much

Much love darlings.