The Confession

He turned, eyes wide and...laughed?

He actually laughed, like belly rumbling laugh. What was wrong with him? This seemed to confuse Damian too because his strength weakened and I was able to push through.

I gasped when I was back in control. I felt dizzy and held my head with the hand that didn't have the knife in it. Phoenix was still laughing but stopped once he heard a sob escape my lips.

He looked up at me in concern and took a step forward. As soon as he did that, I dropped the knife and barreled into his arms, sobbing. He stroked my hair and whispered sweet things in my ear. "Darla what's wrong? Why are you crying sweetie? Is everything okay darling?" He asked in worry and concern.

I sniffled and wiped my nose on his shoulder. "I-I don't k-know..." I trailed off. He looked me in the eyes and kissed me sweetly. "Its okay honey, go ahead and tell me. Its okay. I love you." For some reason I couldn't seem to say those three words back.

I sighed and just shrugged it off while telling Phoenix everything. From the mirror message to the whisper, to now. Everything. After I was finished telling him he looked at me like I was crazy and took a step back. "I....your....I can't believe this." He mumbled under his breathe and ran a hand through his hair.

Tears were streaming down my face and I felt bottom lip trembling.

"Okay..." I croaked out and ran up the stairs to our room.

I threw myself on the bed and cried my eyes out. I knew he would think I was crazy! I knew it! Now he probably doesn't want to be with me because I'm crazy- Suddenly the bed dipped and I felt strong arms go around my waist. "Baby...I believe you." He whispered in my ear.

My eyes went wide and I turned around in his arms to look at him. "Are you for real?" I asked as I stared into his eyes. He smiled. "Yes." I grinned and kissed him hard on the lips. He kissed back with determination and power. It started getting pretty heated when my phone started ringing. I sighed and pulled back, panting heavily.

"One sec." I said. He groaned and started trailing kisses across my jaw line and down my neck. I giggled as I answered my phone, with Phoenix still kissing me. "Hello?" I answered in a breathy voice. "Darla! You need to come down to the gas station now!" A frantic Jordan yelled in my ear. I frowned and pushed Phoenix's lips away.

"What? Why, what's going on?" I asked worridly. Phoenix rose his eyebrows and I shrugged. "I-Its James." I was quickly out of the bed and grabbing my blue jacket and truck keys. "I'm on my way." And then I hung up.

I glanced at Phoenix and saw him staring at me in confusion. "I have to go down to the gas station. It's James." I explained while putting my black converse on. I ran up to him and pecked his lips and then ran downstairs.

As soon as I got into my truck I hit the gas and was out of there. There was only one gas station called the Walk, Stop and Shop but around here we called it the Walk, Steal and Run. For reasons I'm sure you can guess.

As soon as I got there I saw a small group of people surrounding something. I quickly jumped put of my truck and ran towards the group. Jordan ran to me half way there and I noticed he was crying. "H-He just w-wont s-s-stop Dar!" I frowned in confusion and we ran to the group.

What I saw made my heart beat faster and my eyes go wide.

There, in the middle of the group was James beating up Collin. If Collin wasn't my best friend I would have videotaped this and posted it on You tube. Well probably not post it but possibly videotape it. Possibly.

I gasped as my hand fluttered to my mouth in shock. I would say Collin was winning but....that would be a lie. I mean both of them are big guys but James used to be in a gang so...yeah. He's pretty good at beating people up.

I quickly whipped around to where Jordan was shaking and crying, yelling for James to stop. "Jor, what happened?!" He looked at me with fear in his eyes. "I-I don't know. I m-mean Collin told me that he liked me and then we ran into James here and Collin yelled at him for hurting you." I sighed in frustration and stomped over to them.

"James!" He ignored me and continued punching Collin. "James stop!" Kept going. "James please you're going to kill him!" By then I was terrified. James was really hurting him and I was afraid that he would die.

"P-Please James. You're hurting me." I stuttered out to him in a loud voice. He suddenly froze and dropped Collin, Jordan running to him, and turned to me.

"D-Darla?" He questioned. I nodded my head and glanced at Collin to see Jordan had his head in his lap and was rocking him back and forth. I cleared my throat and looked back at James.

"Why would you do that?" He looked at the ground in shame and I walked over to him and put my hand under his chin. His cold blue eyes met mine and softened. "I....I don't know Dar." He mumbled to me while staring at my lips.

I sighed and hugged him around the waist. "You were gone. For two weeks. I was locked in my bathroom crying for a week." I told him in his ear. His arms tightened themselves around me and he kissed the top of my head. "I'm so sorry Darla. I'm so stupid. I thought leaving would cause less pain for us both but I see now that it only caused more."

I sighed and squeezed his waist before pulling away. I looked up at him and smiled. He grinned. "How 'bout just me and you go to the movies aye?" I asked him while playing with a button on his jacket. He sighed and frowned.

"I don't think Phoenix would like that very much Dar." He said. "Well I don't care. You're my best friend and I love you and we're going to the movies." He smiled at me and I smiled back before hearing someone groaning. I looked over James shoulder to see Collin on the ground in pain.

I quickly gasped and ran over to him. I totally forgot about him! "Oh Col, are you okay?!" I frantically asked him while searching over his body for major wounds. "Dayum. That boy certainly packs a punch. But I'll be fine Dar." He mumbled while standing up.

Me and Jordan were immediately helping him though. James came striding towards us and stopped in front of Collin. "Hey um sorry man." He said and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. Collin grinned and you could see he was missing one of his teeth. "Hey, no hard feelings bro!"

I grinned and me and Jordan helped him over to his car. I kissed his left cheek and smiled at him. "Love you Col." He grinned and kissed my forehead. "Love you too Dar." "Hey wow don't forget about me!" Jordan exclaimed.

I giggled and kissed his right cheek and he kissed mine. "Love you Dar." I smiled at my friends. "I love you too Jor. Bye!" I waved while walking back over to James. He smiled and grabbed my hand, walking us back to my truck. As we were walking we heard a voice shout in excitment.

"I found a tooth!"