The Movies

I was giggling like crazy when me and James got back to my house. James had just told me a really funny joke and I was laughing while walking in the door. James was grinning and looking at me in awe.

"Where the heck have you been?!" Phoenix yelled as he stomped down the stairs angrily but then stopped once he saw James. He looked back between me and James. "What is he doing with you? What happened?"

I sighed and tossed my keys and coat on the couch. "James was beating the crap out of Collin and I had to stop it." I said non-chalently and shrugged while walking into the kitchenette to make some hot tea.

I turned around when I heard feet stomping into the kitchenette. "Why are you so calm about this?! He just beat up you're best friend and you're just gonna make tea and let him sit on our couch?!" He hissed at me. I glared at him and shrugged. "Fine. We were going to go to the movies anyway." I said as I brushed past him with mine and James' tea.

I handed James the tea and he smiled gratefully at me. I smiled back and turned to go upstairs to get ready. "I'm just gonna go change real quick, Kay?" I asked him. He just nodded and waved me off while drinking his tea. I shook my head and went upstairs.

"Darla!" I kept heading to the bedroom even though I heard Phoenix. "Darla Gerrison!" Nope. I strolled into the room and before Phoenix could come in I closed and locked the door. I could hear him yelling and pounding on it but I just ignored him and walked over to my closet.

It was kinda chilly out so I decided to put on some dark blue thermal tights and a black and dark blue dress. It was all dark blue with black swirly patterns all over it. I smiled at my choice and closed my closet door.  I grabbed my dark blue and black knee high boots and slipped into those as well. I threw my hair up in a high pony tail and put on some clear lip gloss with a tad bit of mascara.

When I was all done I unlocked the door and skipped downstairs. "Okay, I'm ready let's go " I called into the living room while grabbing my Mercedes car keys, phone, and my other dark blue coat. I heard shuffling of feet and looked up to see Phoenix and James standing there glaring at each other.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed  James' arm,  pulling him towards the door. "Babe wait!" I turned around and Phoenix's lips came crashing down on mine. When we pulled away he smiled. "Have fun, baby " I grinned and turned back around to push James into the car. He glared at Phoenix and then glared at my lips but got into the car anyway.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When we got to the movies I pulled into a parking space and got out. James came around the car and grabbed my hand in his. I smiled to myself but my smile quickly disappeared when I noticed the shadows moving. Damian,  I thought to myself. Fear and panic slowly started to creep into my chest and I couldn't breathe.

"Dar? Darla? Dar breathe!" James yelled as he looked at me in concern. I looked into his eyes and slowly my breathing went back to being normal. I smiled like it was nothing. "Sorry. Choked on air for a minute there." He looked at me and I could tell he knew I was lying but I didn't care.

I turned back towards the doors and walked inside, James close on my heels.

Here's the thing about our movie theatre, the movies were always already out on Dvd before they come here. They're usually out for at least a week before they come to our movie theatre.

I smiled as we walked in, and told James to go find us some good seats while I bought the popcorn and stuff. At first he protested but after a minute he finally gave in and went to find us some seats.

As I was waiting in line I felt some ones eyes burning into my head and turned around to see someone I was not expecting. "Dad?" I questioned. "What are you doing here?" He gave me a small smile and walked towards me. I was about to ask what he was doing when he suddenly walked right threw me.