The song

I sighed as i pressed harder on the gas pedal. Harvard was all the way in Connecticut. I cursed it for being so far.  I looked in the rearview mirror to see Christene driving my Mercedes behind me. I glanced to my right to James sitting there silently. He hadn't said one thing since we left. I finally decided to break the silence.

"James are you afraid of me?" I asked sadly, pouting while staring straight ahead. He stayed silent for a moment making tears spring to my eyes. "Dar, pull over please." I was confused as to why he asked me that but obliged never the less.

After i pulled over to the side of the road and put the car in park i folded my hands in my lap and looked out the window. I noticed Christene also pulled over behind me. "Dar look at me please." James pleaded while putting his fingers under my chin and pulling my head toward him.

I looked at him with sad eyes and he smiled. What the heck? Why would he smile when im obviously upset? I frowned, confused. "Darla i could never be afraid of you. Your so small and petite and could never hurt a fly, I love you so much." He said smiling slightly.

Never hurt a fly? Last time i checked i killed a person James. I thought to myself. I smiled anyways and he grinned while leaning forward. His arm accidentally hit the radio and 'All of me' by John Legend blared through the speakers but James didn't seem to notice as he was too focused on my lips.

We were just about to kiss when Christene beeped her horn making me jump and look away. I heard James sigh as he leaned back in his seat. Heat quickly crawled up my neck and soaked my cheeks. He cleared his throat awkwardly and looked out the window.

"U-um uh we should p-probably get back on the road." I stuttered out shakily and started to drive onto the road.

An hour and a half later, we decided to stop at this cute little cafe for a lunch break. As i carefully rolled my old truck into the parking lot a car came zooming past and almost crashed into me. James cursed loudly and flipped him off but i kept staring at the car until you couldn't see it any more and suddenly there was a loud boom and you could see flames reaching towards the sky, right were that car was driving.

I blinked a couple times and realized that Damian was laughing. Your getting badder everyday sweetcheeks. I ignored him and jumped out of the truck, ignoring James calling my name.

I pushed on the cafe door and it wouldn't open so i pushed even harder and it still wouldnt flipping open! I puffed my cheeks out, my face red and pushed with all my might. I heard a chuckle from behind me and a hand reached out and pulled on the door and it opened.

I slowly looked up and noticed James standing there with an amused smirk dancing on his face. I blushed bright red and walked into the cafe. I walked over to a booth and slid in, Christene sliding in next to me and James across from us.

A waitress sashayed to our table and she smiled at all of us but gave a little wink to James. "Whore." Christene coughed into her arm and looked away. I giggled a little and James smirked. The waitress glowered at Christene but than brushed it off.

"Here are the menus I'll be back in just a bit to take your order." She said in her western accent while laying menus in front of all of us. "Thanks," I looked at her name tag, " Linda." She smiled and nodded while swishing away. I took the time to study her profile.

She had her bright red hair in a cute bun, she was wearing a tight fitting black blouse tucked into her black pants and a waiter belt. She was also wearing a cute black head band with a little black bow on it. She had gold eyeshadow on that made her bright emerald eyes pop. She was really pretty actually.

"So we should be in Connecticut in about a day or so if we keep on driving with only 2 breaks in between than, now not counting." Christene said while looking at her phone. "Kay." I replied and scanned over the menus items. I glanced up just in time to see Linda sashaying her way back to us with a pen and notepad in hand.