┊・16- the dance

finally the day has come, every girls favorite time of year, homecoming.

amy was at shadows house getting ready with rouge. she was currently straightening her hair as she talked to her new friend , rouge.

"aren't you so excited?" rouge squealed as she looked at herself in the mirror. she put on a red dress. amy decided it was a cute idea to have her friends wear red to the dance so they could all match.

amy looked over at rouge in awe, "you look so beautiful rouge" in which she replied "aw thank you so much hun. you look gorgeous yourself"

amy put down the straightener and looked down at her hands. "do you... do you think maria and shadow will be crowned? like always.." amy asked , although knowing the answer to the question already.

rouge sighed "love... we all know the popular ones get voted. so yes, they will be crowned . but down worry shadow dislikes her" she rolled her eyes at the end.

she stood up and came close to the pink hedgehog who was bummed out. she grabbed amy's cheeks and looked at her in the eyes. "next year, YOULL win the crown, and you will be the one dancing with him" ending that sentence with a kiss on the cheek.

amy blushed and nodded. "you are too sweet rouge". rouge checked her watch. "oh my it's getting late, hurry let's go. shadow is waiting for us in the car"

-

amy got out the car with the help of shadow, looking up at him . his ruby eyes glowed due to it being dark, it was scary but yet... hot.

but shadows point of view, he saw a beautiful young girl , with emerald eyes sparkling underneath the moon. he couldn't wait till he dances with this woman.

and it's something he has never felt for another female, never felt passionate enough to dance with someone. it was always hookups with the girls, but this time it's different. he is in love.

and maybe she is too.

amy was holding onto his arm was they got out the car, there was already music booming. amy and shadow looked over at rouge. "okay guys remember the plan , just distract them for like 15 seconds while we pass by" shadow said , rouge and knuckles nodded "no problem" knuckles said as he grabbed his girlfriends hand and walked over to the police offer and teacher.

only students started eyeing the couple as they passed. no one dared to open their mouth, they knew they could get their ass kicked.

"shadow... i hate being stared at."

"don't worry about them rose, tonight it's just you and me" he assured her.

he then walked faster , now grabbing her soft hands and pulling her where people were dancing like crazy.

"i can't dance...." amy said giggling. "well you gotta blend in miss rose, or we will be caught if we are just standing here." shadow said loudly so amy can hear her.

amy rolled her eyes as she had a smile on her face. "come here rose" shadow exclaimed as he pulled her in by the waist. the pop music then faded in slow romantic music. great timing huh ;)

"oh wow, what a coincidence" shadow said softly. amy giggled as she placed her hands on his shoulder. "i mean i always wanted to slow dance with someone... almost every girls dream" she replied as they both started slowly moving , smiling at each other.