To Go Or Not To Go. That Is The Queston.

"Who was that?" Hope asked, standing behind him. Scott jumped. How had he not heard her behind him? "It was Bruce." 

"Oh, any changes to the plan I should know about?" She asked, walking over to the table and sitting down. "Um, kinda....." 

He was relieved that Bruce agreed with him, but he didn't know how to tell Hope that she couldn't go on the mission. He sat down across from her and said, "I talked to Bruce, and we agreed that...um....." "Agreed on what?"  

"We agreed that you shouldn't go on the mission." He finished, wincing. She didn't respond, but Scott could see that she was hurt. "Why?" She asked quietly. "It wouldn't be safe. You remember how you reacted to the test run, it wouldn't be a surprise if your reaction was worse this time." 

"This is different. This time we're going to Vormir, not to that day." "Why would that change anything?" He asked, but he knew the answer. "For one thing, I won't be watching my life get destroyed." She started. He winced again. He knew how much that day had affected her, and she was right. That moment had destroyed her life. 

"Scott, you have to let me come." She pleaded. "What if you have an attack?"  

"I won't. And if you leave me here, I'm just more likely to have one." 

"We'll only be gone for a few minutes." 

"It only takes a few minutes for something to happen! It only took seconds for you to get trapped in the quantum realm! I volunteered myself for the test run because I didn't want to chance losing you again!" She yelled. 

He was surprised, to say the least. There'd been only a few times he had seen Hope so worked up, and it never ended well. 

"Hope, I know that it must have been hard-" He started, but Hope interrupted him. "You have no idea." She said, her eyes filling with tears. "Scott, I mourned you for two years, thinking that you would never come back. And now that you are here, I'm going to what? Stay here, and wait again, while you go on a high-risk assignment, through the same place you got lost in." She said shakily. 

He hadn't thought of it that way. Hope had already lost him once, and she was about to go through all that pain again. What if something did happen to him on Vormir? What if he wasn't able to come back? If Hope did go with him, at least she would be reassured that nothing would happen to him. 

He sighed, "I know I can't stop you from coming, you'll find a way, so I'll save you the trouble." 

She smiled at him gratefully. 

At that moment, Scott made a promise to himself. No matter what happened. Even if it was between life and death, he would protect Hope at all costs. 

                                                                                        Author's Note  

I know, this chapter is only 500 words, and I am not proud of it. But it's December, there's hardly any free time anymore. I'll update soon!