Chap.7 》Explosions

*Ellie's POV*

"What are you doing?" I said to him like a mother says to her kids when they are doing something wrong.

"What? Can I sit with my science partner?"

"Umm no cause your science partner doesn't want you to sit with her?"

I think I had enough with him staring at me today every time he could.

"Well I don't care what my partner thinks I'm going to sit here" Luke said while taking his things out.

I just looked at him in disbelief.

What was wrong with this boy today?

Mr. Smith came in to the classroom giving his good afternoons.

"Okay class, today you're going to do some exercises finding the elements that are written on the board on the periodic table and write their charges. While you're at that, I'm going to call the partners for the science project to give you your topic for the project. Cause I know that if I leave you to choose one, you will do the easiest one"

Oh how I love this teacher really, he's my favorite.

I started writing the exercises and Luke just stared at his phone. And suddenly he started speaking to me.

"So, how have you been?" He asked me.

"Why do you care?" I said annoyed.

"I'm just asking, trying to make conversation" He said putting his hands up.

"I really don't want to talk to you right now, there's things to do if you didn't noticed" I said pointing at the board which was full of words.

"Okay, but you know that in the end no matter what, you will have to talk to me because we are going to be working together for a few weeks"

"No need to remind me" I said under my breath.

What have I done to deserve this? What?

"Ellie Jones and Luke Hemmings"

I heard our names being called to the front, so we walked over to Mr. Smith's desk.

"So you guys are going to do the project about how do solar panels work, like how does the energy produces, and you shall create one, you will find more information on the internet of course, got it?" Mr. Smith said looking at us directly through his round glasses.

Shit, I wanted something easy, something that could've been done in over 3 days at least.

"Yeah okay" I said.

"It looks interesting, so I'm okay with it" Luke said.

"You may go now" Mr. Smith said to us.

I went back to my sit, Luke following behind me.

"So, when are we starting our precious project?" Luke asked me very eager.

"I don't know, as soon as possible so we can finish it fast" I said while continuing my work.

"Okay, well can we meet at your house?"

I knew this was going to happen.

"Why at my house?"

"I don't know just a suggestion"

Inhale...exhale....inhale...exhale....

"Okay Luke, I'll see you at my house" I said with a fake smile cause of course this didn't make me happy at all.

"But I need your number first so I can ask you the address"

Great, now I had to give him my number, this is just splendid.