Chap. 14》Reset

*Ellie's POV*

I woke up thinking how I was going to survive a whole week without Dave. Only thinking of it made me want to stay in bed and not go anywhere. The annoying sound of the alarm kept ringing through my ears demanding for me to get up, how I hated it. I rubbed my eyes and checked my phone to see if I had a message or notification, and surprisingly I had a message. I saw it blurry but once my eyes adjusted I saw the name.

Luke- Thank you for believing me.

I completely forgot that I sent Luke that text. But that text made me smile, I couldn't control it.

Why why why.

I shook my head and placed my phone on my nightstand standing up to go and shower for another day in hell. I looked in the mirror and damn my face was shit, I washed it and went into the shower. I wished I could stay in here forever with the hot water running down my skin. I almost fell asleep in there but woke up fast. Once I got out I grabbed the towel and dried myself. I decided to wear a plain white tank top with a red and black flannel and black jeans. My closet was literally full of dark colors mostly black. What can I say I love black. I put my shoes on, grabbed my glasses and went downstairs to have breakfast.

I didn't see mom, I guess she took off earlier. I served my cereal and started eating, for a second Luke popped in my head, don't know why. One second I'm thinking "Wow this cereal is so good" and the other I'm like "Wow Luke's eyes are so pretty tho". This is the kind of things I don't want happening, and the week hasn't even passed.

Get your shit together Ellie.

I finished eating and grabbed my backpack heading out. The ride to school seemed shorter than usual it was kinda disappointing because I like the long rides to school. I got out of the car and made my way to the doors of hell. It felt weird being all alone surrounded by so many stupid people and that my best mate will not be there waiting for me by my locker, so I made my stop at the locker quick and went to the first class. I entered the classroom and sat down putting my head low and closing my eyes waiting for the class to start.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

The morning was as boring as always, a lot of blah blah blah and do do do.

It was lunch time and I didn't knew what to do, if to eat at the cafeteria or outside. I decided to eat outside at the pizza wagon. On my way out I saw Bethany walking my way. Oh fuck.

"Hey there, why so lonely?" she said with her bitchy voice who made me wanna strangle her more.

"Why do you care? Excuse me" I said stepping aside to continue my way but she blocked me.

"Oh I don't, I'm just curious because you're always with that gay friend of yours" I swear I could kill her right now without blinking.

"He has a name and I don't feel like explaining why he's not here, now I want to eat excuse me" She was getting on my nerves already. For people like her is why we live in such a fucked up world.

"And how's it going with Luke and that "project" of yours? I'm really so curious about that" She crossed her arms looking straight at me. Why she keeps bothering me with such things God.

"Look I'm really not-" I got cut off by a tall figure now standing beside me.

"Bethany why can't you just leave her alone, it's lunch time geez let her go and have her lunch"

It was Luke.

Luke was standing up for me.

Luke was actually defending me against Bethany.