Chap.12》Try Hard

*Ellie's POV*

Calum kept texting during the movie and I found it weird. He looked kind of pissed and kept changing his positions on the floor. I ignored it because after all is non of my business. We saw the whole movie and it felt like watching it for the first time. I always fangirled about the star wars movies every time I saw it. Back to the good old days when Harrison Ford looked fine as hell... damn. I have always wanted an ewok cause those things are so cute and weird I fell in love. Dave always thought they were creepy and weird, but I love them so more for me. Once the movie ended I said goodbye to Dave and wished him to get well soon, then headed out with Calum. We were talking about the movie all the way to the house. Until in one minute, the curious side of me took over my mouth.

"Hey umm... why did you seemed... pissed off while texting whoever you were texting?"

I can't even believe myself right now.

"You saw that? ... It was nothing don't worry, some friends of mine talking about a work and asking me stuff, no big of a deal" he said while starring out the window.

"Oh okay, I was just worried" I felt so awkward omg.

"There's nothing to be worried about, trust me" He looked at me and smiled.

I continued driving until we arrived. I said m goodnights to Calum and headed inside.

I saw my mom sitting on the sofa drinking some tea. Wow she was home, this must be a miracle.

"Umm Hi mom" I said to her waving my hands weirdly.

"You're home, finally, I needed to speak to you, come sit" she said patting the empty space next to her.

"Okay..." I slowly sat on the sofa.

She cleared her throat and put the cup of tea on the wooden table in front of us. I think I already know what this conversation is going to be about and I didn't know if I wanted to hear it or not.

"So...you know how I have been coming home late or not coming home at all until the morning..."

She made a long pause.

"Yeah I know...?" I looked at her trying to tell her to continue and she got the message.

"Well... I think is time that you knew that...I'm...seeing someone..." she was looking hella nervous and I understood her, but she didn't have to be, it was kind of obvious she was seeing someone.

I was going to say something but she cut me off quickly.

"Your father has been gone for nearly 3 years, and I still miss him, but I'm not going to be young forever right? So I decided to give dating a try and I met this wonderful guy from work. His name is John and he is incredible, I know you will like him. I just hope you're not mad at me I- "

"MOM, stop" I grabbed her hands to catch her attention. She was on the verge of crying and I didn't want that. Seeing my mother cry automatically made me cry. Seeing the person that gave life to you and has love you ever since cry, is the worst thing.

"Is okay mom, I understand you. To be honest I already had my suspicion and I'm not mad at all. I was mad that you didn't already tell me and went behind my back!" I hugged her smiling to myself.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't knew how you will react to this, I thought you will hate me" She hugged me tighter.

"I will never hate you mom, I know you deserve happiness, and that you're only young once. If you're happy with him, then I'm happy that you're with him" I only wanted for her to be happy. It would be stupid if I hated the source of her happiness even when I wanted that for her. Eventually I will get to know the guy and who knows if I actually like him.