Chapter 66

"I love you," I heard someone murmur right next to my ear.

My eyes felt so tired, just opening them was hard. When I finally opened my eyes, I got a look of Dylan closing the door behind him.

He'd been up for a while. I had woken up earlier and he was already in the shower. It felt like I had just closed my eyes and opened them, to find that he was dressed and ready to go.

I felt lazy. I wanted to stay in bed for longer. With Dylan gone, I pictured my day being very much like it had been the day before. I was only hoping this time there would be no fight between us.

I turned on my side, hugging a pillow and trying to get comfortable. Just as I was snuggling more into the pillow, a phone started ringing.

When I turned to the side, Dylan's cellphone was on the night stand. I grabbed it, and I saw Blake's name blinking on the screen.

"Hello!" I said into the phone excitedly.

"Leila?" Blake asked, confused.

"Did you take over Dylan's phone?" He asked, clearly amused by me having Dylan's phone for the second time.

I laughed at his words, shaking my head even though he couldn't see me.

"No, he probably just forgot it. What's up?"

"I'm just about to cross the line to your territory. Mind sending a message to your mate telling him?"

"I had completely forgotten that you were coming!"

I jumped out of the bed, and started rushing toward the closet.

"Short term memory. It's a problem with some people," he said in a joking voice.

"Yeah yeah, make fun of me. I'm going to let you go so that I can get ready, but I'll tell Dylan you're already here," I told him, while I looked for a pair of jeans.

"Sounds good. I'll see you in a bit," he said, before I ended the call.

As soon as the call was disconnected, I sent Dylan a message through our mind link letting him know that Blake was here. Telling him wasn't really necessary, because he said John's mate had already seen them a few minutes ago.

I also learned that today, some of the girls from the pack were having a picnic close to the outskirts of the land.

I felt disappointed in not being part of them. It was my own fault that I was excluded in probably all social events concerning the pack. I kept to myself most of the time, so I shouldn't have expected them to know that maybe I'd wanted to join them.

I tried hurrying myself while getting ready. I was anxious to see Blake. Even though he hadn't been gone for long, I felt myself already missing him a lot.

I settled for wearing some dark jeans, and a white singlet. It was warm outside, and I wasn't sure how much I would be out there if Blake was visiting.

I ran to the bathroom and set a record on how fast I showered.

I was the process of braiding my hair to my side, when there was a knock on the door.

"Leila?" I heard Eric's voice on the other side.

I ran to the door, with a smile on my face.

"Eric!" I said, taking him in for a hug.

"Someone looks happy to see me," he replied, chuckling- wrapping his arms around my back.

I laughed along with him, and finally let him go.

"You have no idea," I told him, and we started walking down the hall.