Chapter 29

Dylan ended up carrying me upstairs to our room. We were laying down in bed, with Dylan over me. His body easily covered mine. He was a lot bigger than my small frame.

I loved how good his body felt so close to mine, yet he kept all his weight resting on his arms.

He was trailing kisses down my jaw and toward my mark. My heart was beating faster, feeling expectant of what would be happening.

"Are you okay?" Dylan asked, sitting up a little and looking at me.

I was out of breath, so I simply nodded my head.

"I missed you so much," he said, completely sitting up in the bed. I wasn't expecting him to say that.

I stayed lying down for a little while, not understanding why he moved away from me.

"I miss you too," I replied softly, getting on my knees in front of him, and then resting myself on my legs.

Dylan ran a hand through his hair, with a defeated expression on his face.

"I've killed more rogues than I can count," Dylan said, staring off into the distance.

I didn't know why he was telling me that, so I remained quiet and listened to him.

"Right after I took the Alpha title, our pack joined another one. We fought to bring down a tyrant Alpha and most of its male members. Some of our wolves died in that fight."

Dylan's eyes seemed to be lost in the memory of what he was telling me.

"Nothing has scared me more than the moment at the mall, when I realized you were gone," Dylan finished saying.

His blue eyes seemed to be bluer than I'd ever seen them. They almost looked like they were glowing.

"I'm sorry," I apologized to him, getting on his lap and wrapping my arms around him.

He quickly embraced me, nestling his head in my neck. My legs were around his waist, and my arms were tightly wrapped around his neck.

"I know," he replied, kissing my neck softly and then biting down, just enough to tease my skin.

I moved his head, bringing his lips on mine. I had only been away from him a day and a half and I was going crazy by not being able to have contact with him.

Just as the kiss was turning hot and heavy, the house phone went off.

"I f*cking swear someone has something against us mating," Dylan complained, looking angry.

I didn't move from his lap, but I felt his member press into my center as he moved to reach for the phone.

Unintentionally, l let out a moan. Dylan snapped his head toward me, his eyes quickly shifting to the darker shade of blue.

As I felt the sensation go away, I looked at Dylan and nodded my head at the phone.

"Answer it," I told him, forcefully.

He groaned, but answered the phone, still looking hesitant.

"What?" His voice yelled into the phone.

I placed my hands on his chest as I leaned closer to him and started kissing his jaw.

"When?" Dylan asked into the phone. His eyes remained closed, and I smiled, looking at his expression while I continued to kiss him.

I paid no attention to Dylan's conversation and only concentrated on how hot our bodies felt together.

"I know Nicolas, but right now doesn't seem like a good time," he said.

I turned to look at Dylan, my eyes wide as I replayed the last sentence he had said.