Chapter 7: Back to school

Taemi POV
I went to school early as usual. 

Ring! It’s recess. I wanted to study but decided to give myself some healing time and follow my friends around. They just decided to eat pop ice cream for break time so I just followed them. There is a corner they always liked to go to, it’s behind the field, the quietest and calmest corner in school. And it’s my first time going there. It's indeed quiet and there’s literally no one there, maybe it’s because it is near an deserted spooky and scary area which is separated with a green metal tall gate bent with a diamond-like pattern. Just like the old school gate… 

 Just like the old school gate… 

Guys, there’s an amusement park ticket discount this coming week, wanna go together?” One of my best friends brought up a suggestion. “Why not?? Let’s go this Friday!” One of the other friends replied happily. Like this, all of them agreed and left me. “Do you wanna go, Taemi? Exams are all over!” My friend asked me. I looked at Sang Won and saw a flashback about the discount I saw on Instaxxxx as an advertisement, but the price is still expensive for me… “Nah… I’ve to help my brother do some household stuff” I lied. “You have a brother? What does he look like? Is he single?” That same friend asked me but I tried to ignore it. “Or maybe it’s just that you don’t have enough money.” Sang Won mumbled softly and I turned at him. He just laughed and said just joking as I stared at him half seriously and half smiling. 

“Oh actually, I went yesterday.” I blurted out a complete lie. I really just wanted to sound natural with all my “unnatural” friends. “How’s it?” Sang Won asked me with a forced smile. “Erm… went for 2 hours and went back home tired.” I couldn’t say much, I just licked my ice cream laughing awkwardly. “2 hours only? It’s not enough, you need at least half a day.” He sounded like I didn’t go to the amusement park. (Yep I didn’t.) And I didn’t know what the amusement park even looked like. 

Before Sang Won even asked another question, my friend quickly pushed my hands away and said, “your ice cream melted and dripped on your sneakers, Taemi. Oh my…” She then handed me 3 pieces of tissue to wipe off the melted ice cream on my hands but I noticed that it had melted half way so I just threw it away. I took the tissue to then wipe my shoes but then the bell rang, which means it’s time to go back to the classroom. All my friends walked back so I quickened up my wiping and wanted to grab Sang Won’s hand for him to wait for me but he grabbed my wrist first, saying that my hands are dirty while looking at my shoes. I was shocked, I’ve never seen this side of him… At that time, all my weird doubts of him became even clearer. The others suddenly turned around and exclaimed, “OMG look like our couple is moving to action!” 

I got so angry by the fact that I didn’t like him and they were joking about us not knowing the situation. Then I just let go and stomped towards the toilet, showing that I’m angry. Sang Won is getting closer to my friends, but why?